11 Ways My Make Up Discovery Changed My Life

11 Discoveries I Had As A Make-Up Noob

From a girl who was naked-faced for 20 years.

69
11 Discoveries I Had As A Make-Up Noob

I dabbled upon make-up here there. I discovered mascara around high school and marveled at the length of my stubby eyelashes. I bought my first "lipstick" in 7th grade, it was actually just "Baby Lips." I think I even bought an eyelash curler which I used every day in my Freshman and Sophomore years! I bought a drugstore concealer that was way too light for my complexion and I didn't know what "blending" meant, so I just rubbed into my skin (yikes). I also only used a concealer like twice in my life.

Apart from that, my experience with make-up was extremely limited. I just thought that it wasn't for me. I couldn't wake up early enough. I didn't have anyone to look good for. I want to rub my eyes in peace. And overall, I just thought that I could spend my money on better (more productive) things like...chicken nuggets.

However, I acquired a roommate whose obsession with make-up is unparalleled.

My best friend is also very much invested in the world of cosmetics. They would always drag me into the bathroom and "experiment" with my face. They'd make me lay on the couch for hours just to test their new pallets. I used to be annoyed....until I actually began to like how I looked. I was already just fine in my own skin, but I felt like I could literally walk into the room and SLAY with false lashes on. I was amazed at how you really can't have a bad face angle if all your features were CONTOURED, HIGHLIGHTED, AND AIRBRUSHED TO PERFECTION. Who needs FaceTune when you have contour? Let's be real. With a lot of experimenting, I found the basics of what works best for my skin and what doesn't.

Now, a lot of my more *ahem* conservative family members repudiate make-up for some reason. But hey, if you feel good and know you look good YOU DO YOU.

1. When I discovered B.B Cream and C.C Cream.

To quote Rihanna: "WHERE HAVE YOUUU BEEEN, ALL MY LIFEEE???"

I'm not much of a foundation kind of gal. My skin is a combination of oily and dry and most foundations and concealers are really matte. Even if I put moisturizer beforehand, my skin always ends up cracking. "If only they had a hydrating, light, breathable foundation..." I once thought.

THEN BAM!!!!!

A0A $1 BB cream popped up on my timeline. AND IT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER PURCHASED.

SAY GOODBYE TO EYE BAGS.

2. Falsies can really make you look extra and well put together.

Spongebob GIPHY

For the most part effortless. Except when your eyelids get stuck together.

3.  When I first swatched a highlighter.

SHINING BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND. NEVER LOOKING GREASY, JUST EXPENSIVE.

4. Eye make up can be my best accessory.

Who cares about whether your bag matches your shoes. Get that monochromatic LEWK and match ur face with your 'fit.

5. I CAN GO FROM TO PLAIN OL' EGG...TO AN EGG-CELLENT EGG.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900052176/someone-put-makeup-on-an-egg-and-the-internet-is-obsessed-with-it.html

You were an egg..now you're a whole ass omelet

6. A lippie can speak to your soul.

Channel your inner Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and SLAY THAT RED LIP HONEY. IT CAN BE A POLITICAL STATEMENT TOO.

7. I can totally look like I didn't pull an all nighter the night before.

Now, these bags can be designer.

8. Hello fellow Asians with flat nose bridges, YOU CAN CREATE ONE. 

Nose job? Who's she?

9. I can channel my inner Pikachu using blush.

PIKA LOOK AT THESE CHEEKBONES.

10. No more bald brows.

UHM HELLOW BROW GEL, YOU'RE MY NEW BFF.

11. Beating your face is so therapeutic.

I CAN AVOID MY PROBLEMS BY LOOKIN' FLAWLESS.

Look, I know I some of you are probably like "wow she's late to the game"

But hey, it's better late than never.