9 Things Best Friends at Different Colleges Know to Be True

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Leaving your best friend is one of the hardest parts of going to college, but long-distance friendships aren't always the worst things and you guys always make it work.

1. When you're first apart, you don't know what to do with yourself

Leaving your best friend for the first times is one of the hardest parts of going to college far away from them. You go from seeing them all day every day to seeing them once a month. My best friend left for school before me and the few weeks between her leaving and my going to school was filled with me not knowing what to do with my time.

2. You're always facetiming or calling them

You probably facetime or call them everyday and when you don't talk to them for a while you will talk for hours just to catch up on missed time. Whether it's your dorm hall way, the library bathroom, or the dining hall you will take any time you get to catch up with your best friend.

3. You always try to keep them up with your "new" life and friends

You always try to keep them updated on the gossip with your friend group, they even get super invested in some of it.

4. You're always planning your next trip to see them

You're always planning your next reunion, whether it's over break or you're visiting one another. You spend hours planning what you will doing and getting super excited to see one another.

5. When you don't talk to, or text, them, you feel separation anxiety

When you haven't texted or talked in a while you start to get stressed out and worried about them. You then have to catch up on everything you missed when you weren't talking.

6. You reminisce about when you were together

You're always talking about things you used to do or things that happened in high school especially when something new happens to someone at your high school.

7. You miss their parents, pets, and house

You also go from seeing your best friend's parents everyday to seeing them every once in a while. They became your second family and you look forward to reuniting with them almost as much as you are looking forward to reuniting with your best friend. You also miss their house because it was your second home and you especially miss their pets (if they have any).

8. You have the best reunions

Seeing your best friend for the first time in a while is one of the best feelings ever. It's like your in a movie running up to see each other and never wanting to let go when you hug them. You spend hours talking when you see each other again just trying to make up for missed time.

9. When you're back together, it was like you were never apart

When you see each other again, it's like nothing has changed. You talk like you used to and have just as much fun. The only difference this time is that you cherish the moments more because you see each other a lot less, but when you get together again, it's one big party.