9 Quarantine Activities That Will Make You Forget You Have To Stay Inside

Quarantine who? I don't know her.

52
Madeline Lay

Who said being in quarantine had to be boring? Here are 9 activities to do in quarantine that will have you saying, "Quarantine who," in no time.

Redecorate your room

Photo by Hamann La from Pexels

Now that you are home a lot more than usual, you are spending much more time within your own four walls. Use this time to give yourself a bit of a change of scenery. Hang up those fairy lights that have been sitting in the corner of your room, brush off the dust on your old books, and take down the magazine posters with their corners curling up. Creating new wall decor or ordering some online is easy and can be done right from the comfort of your own room. Then light a candle and sit down with a good book to enjoy your brand new space.

Have themed family dinners

Photo by fauxels from Pexels

Starting to feel like all of the days in quarantine are blending together? Give you and your family something to look forward to by scheduling themed dinners. Pick a theme, such as having a fiesta or a late St. Patrick's day party, and let your creativity run wild. Cook foods that match your theme, make some DIY decorations, play some themed music, and then dress up for the occasion!

Create a family playlist

Photo by Burst from Pexels

Instead of hiding in your room with your headphones' volume all the way up, get your family together and create a collaborative playlist of music that everyone will enjoy. Then you can play the music as loud as you want, and everyone in the house will enjoy it too.

Make a scrapbook

Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels

Feeling nostalgic? Highlight some of your favorite memories from recently and put them all together in a scrapbook. Print out happy pictures, get out all of those ticket stubs that you have kept as mementos, and add lots of color for a sweet project that you will be able to look back on for years to come.

Throw a Zoom party

Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

Being away from your friends for this long is hard. Keep in touch by having a Zoom party, but give your party a fun twist. Tell your friends a date and time for your Zoom party and then add a silly theme that everyone can take part in. For example, you can have a bring your dog to Zoom party or an ice cream eating zoom party. Start booking your calendar. Social distancing does not mean you can't still be social!

Make a time capsule

Photo by 雨星 ameboshi from Pexels

One day the coronavirus will be a chapter in history textbooks. Start collecting things from your experience in quarantine and place them all in a shoebox or any other type of container. You can add pictures, journal entries, newspaper clippings, and anything else you can find. Who knows? Maybe you will show your grandkids one day.

Learn a new recipe

Photo by One Shot from Pexels

You know all of those Pinterest recipes you always save but never have time to try? Well now is the perfect time to give them a try! Offer to make dinner for the family one night or bake a special dessert. We may be stuck in the house, but that doesn't mean we can't eat well!

Get a virtual book club together

Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels

Being in the house leaves plenty of time to read. Make your books even more enjoyable by choosing books with your friends, so that you can all read them at the same time. Then, after you have all finished a book, you can meet on Zoom and have a book club meeting.

Reinstate family game night

Photo by Ylanite Koppens from Pexels

Maybe your family has gotten so busy lately that the old board games you used to play all the time have gotten pushed to the side. Take those games off the shelves, and reinstate family game night. You'd be surprised how much fun some of those games, that you have forgotten all about, really are.

Gone are the long days of being bored in quarantine. Try some of these quarantine activities and share with your family and friends. Soon you will forget why you are inside in the first place.