6 Ways To Perfect The Art Of The Bumble Bio

Do you go funny? Smart? Cute? Do you even write one at all?
47511

Ah, crafting your Bumble bio. Do you go funny? Smart? Cute? Do I write one at all?

We all know there is nothing more uninteresting than looking to see a guy with either no bio or “Uh I don’t know what to put here so just ask me!” No thanks Jeff, I’ll find someone who knows how to write a bio. Your bio doesn't have to be some long drawn out detailed paragraph about who you are and what you’re on Bumble for— but give us something to work with! Let me show you how it’s done ladies.

1. Get What You Want

We are all on Bumble for different reasons. Are you looking for Mr. Perfect? A new girl squad? Just wanting to find an attractive male to fool around with? Free drinks? Instagram followers? Pointless conversation? The list goes on and on. You can find just about whatever you want on Bumble, but you have to be straightforward with what you’re looking for.

Example: “Why aren't you buying me beatboxes at The Study right now?”

2. The Deal-Breakers

Everyone has those “no way in hell this is going to workout” triggers. Are you 5’9 and refuse to date someone shorter than you? Do you absolutely hate guys who wear cargos? You can’t stand people who love Donald Trump? Whatever it is— don’t be afraid of putting it out there. Use some humor to just let the other person know “tread lightly this is a touchy subject.”

Example: “If you wear cargos and ‘Make America Great Again’ t-shirts, let’s not waste each other’s time.”

3. Automatic Attraction

Who doesn't have a type? Maybe not an “all my ex boy’s looked like brothers” type, but we all know there are qualities that automatically grab our attention. Tall, dark and handsome? That mysterious hipster from the coffee shop? The guy from the gym that you’re pretty sure could lift a car off of you? Go ahead, put it on there! There is no shame in going after exactly what you want.

Example: “Searching for a guy who lifts weights to look good naked… after eating a whole box of pizza.”

4. Give Me the 411

Nobody is looking for an autobiography, but it wouldn't hurt to know a little bit about who you are beforehand. It can be anything from a bible verse, your favorite football team, a quote that you live your life by, and so on. Attractive pictures are great, but the bio is really where you can learn about someone. Once I read a bio where he said “Eats ribs by the pool,” and that’s all I needed to know. We were soulmates.

Example: “I’m looking for someone to re-watch every episode of “The Office” together. As Michael Scott would describe me: Big Butt. Bigger Heart.”

5. Showcase Your AUX Abilities

There’s nothing worse than handing your new Bumble Bae the AUX and regretting it. Talk about awkward! This all would have been addressed earlier if the Spotify feature was given as much credit as it deserves. Do you hate country music? Do you listen to Beyoncé on repeat all day? Or are you stuck in a 90s music playlist? Let your matches see what you’re listening to, and consider their musical choices. Something like agreeing on music might seem so small and insignificant, but I promise you’ll appreciate it.

Example: “Do you know all the words to “Closing Time” and willing to sing it on the way home from the bar? If not, are you willing to learn?”

6. Be You

Your Bumble bio is all about you. I’m not saying there isn't a way to do it wrong, because let’s be real, 300 words or more is wrong. But there is no “wrong” information. As long as you’re being yourself, your matches will already have a look at who you are. We see millions of generic bios, don’t be afraid to stand out with yours.

Example: “I did my 3rd grade science fair project on laundry… If that doesn't make me wife material I don't know what does.”

Bumble is a female empowering dating, friend finding, and networking app that takes the pressure off of guys and puts the women in charge