8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Writers Block

8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Writers Block

Say good-bye to the dreadful writers block once and for all.

13
8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Writers Block
Unsplash

You can not deny it, we have all been there and it is horrible — especially when you have a paper due in a few hours and you can not seem to focus. There are so many things you have tried to do but nothing is working. If you follow these steps hopefully you will break your writer's block and get that paper finished on time.

1. Find inspiration

Do not write about something that you do not have knowledge about or do not want to write about. Think of something that you know a lot about or something that inspires you to make you write the best paper you have ever written.

2. Take a deep breath

Relax it is only a paper not the end of the world. Just take a nice deep breath to clear your head and everything will be okay. Think of positive thoughts to put yourself in a better mood.

3. Change your location

Go to a different spot then you normally do when you go and don your homework. Instead of sitting inside try going outside, going to the library or even a local coffee shop. You might find inspiration in a different spot that will trigger you to start writing.

4. Take a break

If you have been doing work for about 3 hours straight, it is time to take a break. You are going to burn yourself out and cause more harm than good. Go take a walk, get up and stretch just move around do not stay in the same spot because you will get easily distracted and not have focus anymore to write.

5. Listen to some music

If you are someone who can focus with music on, put on your favorite music to listen to while you do work. Or if your favorite music is too distracting, make a playlist that is strictly for studying and writing, it will put you in the mindset of knowing that you need to get some work done.

6. Go somewhere quiet

Being around loud, noisy people can get pretty distracting, I know from personal experience. If you are one to get distracted easily by others go somewhere quite where you know that no one is going to bother you and you know that you can focus.

7. Start writing what comes to your mind

You never know you might be writing a really good paper by writing what you are thinking of and not second guessing yourself. You can always look back at it later, but for now, just write what is on your mind and do not let anything stop you from doing that.

8. Do not give up or get down on yourself

It's normal to get "writer's block" or "the block" — everyone gets is some way or another. Surround yourself with positive people and thoughts. Do not give up because you think you will never be able to write again tell yourself that you will and you will achieve.

Let's be real, writer's block is the worst when you wait until the night before your paper is due to start writing it I know coming from personal experience. I get writer's block at least 2 to 3 times a semester and I feel as if the world is going to end but I always find a way to be positive and I do at least 3 of these tips of overcome "the block".