8 Tips For Girl With Naturally Curly Hair

Rock those curls with these helpful tips.
474

I have a love-hate relationship with my curly hair. Some days it looks amazing, and others my hair makes me look like I just returned from being stranded on an island for years. Having wavy/curly/FRIZZY hair my entire life has cause me to figure out some lifesaving hacks for all curly haired girls out there.

1. Use moisturizing shampoo and leave-in conditioner.

If you have super frizzy hair on top of that curl it is important to keep it as moisturized as possible. This will keep your hair from using the air for moisture, which causes more frizz! Also, try not to wash your hair everyday. If you have curly hair, odds are you don't have to.

2. Dry your hair with a t-shirt.

Instead of using a towel to dry your locks, try using an old t-shirt. This trick also helps eliminate frizz.

3. Layer your hair.

Layer your hair! This helps keep your hair from weighing down your curls so they can look their best. It also keeps you from having a boxy or triangular look.

4. Use a cream.

I like this better than mousse because it keeps my hair from being crunchy. I use Not your Mother's Curl Defining Hair Cream.

5. Use sea salt spray

I like to spray this into my wet hair after using the cream or spraying it into my already dry hair. It helps add to the curl and gives it texture. It is also good for second day hair. I sometimes spray it in my hair when I curl it to also add texture. I use Davines Sea Salt Spray. Try it. It's life changing.

6. Diffusers save lives.

I prefer to air dry my hair, but if I am in a rush and need my hair dry quick I use a diffuser with my hair dryer on LOW.

8. Balayage, balayage, balayage!

I love balayage, and it looks soooo good with curly hair. It adds to your beach waves or curls making it look like you've been out in the sun and got natural highlights.

I hope these tips help you as much as they have helped me. Rock those natural curls and don't be ashamed of them. Embrace your beautiful curls; they make you unique, but most of all they make you, YOU!