8 Things I'll Never Experience, but Wish I Could

A Blast to the Past

365
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/20/636468028259415458-839676912_odyssey%20woodstock.jpg

My first article ever was called "Saudade" and was basically an ode to nostalgic experiences I'll never have -- knowing my grandparents at my age, watching color television for the first time, things like that. And most often, when I sit to write something new, I try to find something as compelling as the idea of "saudade" to explore.

So for this one, here's a list of 8 things from the past I wish I could experience:

1. The Premier of "Friends"

I would love to have been able to see "Friends" for the first time aired on television, watching with millions of other people on the cusp of falling in love with one of the greatest sitcoms in American television history.

2. A Nirvana concert

I'd give almost anything to see Nirvana live. I feel like it would be most insane, incredible night.

3. The Release of the Nintendo NES

4. And the Atari

I'd love to know what it was like to think that Atari, and Nintendo, were the peak of technological advancement. And what it was like to say "Dude, these graphics are great" in regards to Pong.

5. The Day WWII Ended

We've all seen the famous picture of the sailor kissing his girlfriend in Times Square and I want to know what it was like to know that WWII was finally over.

6. Saturday morning cartoons in the 90s

I want to know what it was like for the highlight of my week as a kid to be waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch all my favorite cartoons before going outside to play with my Skip-It.

7. Woodstock

Even though looking back on it Woodstock was a logistical nightmare, I still can't even imagine how incredible it would have been to be there. Every single person there embodying peace and love, a slew of killer bands, and a lot of strange mud-baths? Sounds like a good time to me.

8. A time without cell phones and social media

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone. And I love social media. I really do. I mean, my whole life is in it, everything I need. But I also would love to be inaccessible from time to time. I'd love to just be off the grid and that be normal. The way it is now, if I don't respond to a text from my Mom within five minutes, panic ensues. I think it would be so nice to have to use landlines or pay phones. And I think it would be wonderful if social media never existed. To exist as a person without uploading everything or without caring what someone else uploaded? To be disconnected for a change? Sounds like bliss.