Finding a summer job for college students (specifically post-freshman that can't just go back to their old summer job) is survival of the fittest. The stages of desperately looking for employment are a struggle, and can last longer for some more than others.
1. Calling and emailing places in your hometown while still at school
Do I sound too needy in this email? Probably. Do I care? Absolutely not.
2. When nowhere gets back to you/isn't hiring
This was a lot easier in high school.
3. When you get back home for Summer and you're still unemployed
Broke life is a bad life.
4. When your friends want to start doing fun activities
Oh, there's a concert next weekend? Tickets are only $50? Well, I only have $3.57 in my bank account soooo.
There is hope!
6. When you finally land a job
The words "We would love to have you on our staff" have never felt so sweet.
7. You quickly remember how much working sucks
Retail and food service for daaaaays.
8. But it's better than being broke
No more saying 'no' to Starbucks trips!