8 Reasons Why Baylor Is Awesome

8 Reasons Why Baylor Is Awesome

4986
8 Reasons Why Baylor Is Awesome

1. The Christian Atmosphere

There's something so special and welcoming about going to school in a Christian community. Even though you know there are different denominations, religious backgrounds, and beliefs, everyone is united as one student body, and they represent Baylor as a whole. We're a part of Baylor Nation, and it rocks.

2. The Traditions

Every school has their own traditions, but something is so unique about Baylor's. Whether it's tortilla tossing, running the Baylor line, Dr. Pepper hour, or the Homecoming parade, every event just makes you love the Bears even more.

3. The Campus

Even though campus is under construction right now, there's still so much to look at besides the fifty construction trucks on your way to class. So much history stands behind every part of campus, since Baylor is one of the oldest universities in Texas. It doesn't matter what season it is, Baylor is still beautiful. Everywhere you go, you can see an inspirational Bible verse. Plus, there's always a photogenic place to take cute pictures.

4. The Academics

Baylor is a Tier One school among national universities. Not only does it offer a wide variety of degree plans, but it also ranks high in each one offered. Baylor upholds a high standard of academics and challenges its students to aim high when pursuing a degree, while also being rooted deeply in its Christian values. The teacher to student ratio here is also not as large as at public universities, so there is more one-on-one attention given to students. Baylor is home to students from all fifty states and all around the globe, so every student here is set on a path to pursue their calling at one of the nation's best universities.

5. The Football

BACK TO BACK BIG 12 CHAMPS, PEOPLE.

Nothing is greater than the hype videos, McLane stadium, and beating TCU.

Sic'em, RG3.

6. The School Spirit

There's something about coming together with 16,000 of your closest friends and singing "Old Fight" that makes being a Baylor Bear such an honor and privilege. Nothing compares to losing your voice at university events and bleeding green and gold.

7. Waco, Texas

For some, Waco is just the part of Texas outside of Baylor. But to me, it's home away from home. Because it is smaller in comparison to surrounding cities like Austin and Dallas, Waco has a slow-living atmosphere that makes you feel at ease and at home. The families that live in Waco also make such an effort to make us college students feel welcomed in their community. And since Baylor is a big part of Waco, you can always count on this city to support the Bears.

The I-35 bridge was lit up in Baylor colors after the Bears won against SMU. Sic'em, Waco.

8. The people

I love the people at Baylor. It is such a caring and open community, and you can approach anyone on campus and ask for directions, or even start a conversation up while you're power walking your way to class. God and faith are the center of most friendships and conversations, and "Christian lingo" is the norm. Everyone is generally super friendly and always willing to get to know you more over coffee at Common Grounds or lunch at Memorial. You've always got a friend at Baylor.

God bless Baylor and Go Bears.