The joys of having a pet are numerous. They're there when you have a bad day and are always making sure you are smiling. Their cuddles warm your heart and even when they wake you up in the middle of the night for a potty break, their cute little face makes it all okay. That being said, there are so many reasons to have a dog.
1. Studies show that dogs and other animals actually relieve stress and can help rid you of bad dreams. Many people (like myself) have Emotional Support Animals to help with anxiety and depression too!
2. The cuddles.
3. They take your mind off of the stresses of every day life. Like playing ball. All the damn time.
4. Going for walks and having a companion to hang out with.
5. Long talks with someone who will listen without judgement. Even though they don't know what you're saying.
6. Road trip companion.
7. When you're cold, they're warm. Basically a heater in your bed during the winter.
8. Unconditional Love.