8 Reasons To Go Somewhere Not-So-Tropical For Spring Break

Shout out to Ireland for the best Spring break ever.

13
Jackie Lawton

Spring break is a time for college students to forget their school responsibilities for a week and live life. Some kids go home to work to be able to have fun weekends during the rest of their spring semester and other kids go on a nice vacation that they've been saving up for all year. Most students that do go on a vacation usually go to a tropical place like Cancun or Punta Cana. Here are some reasons why going somewhere not so tropical can make your spring break completely worthwhile.

1. Sight Seeing

Sometimes seeing something absolutely breath-taking that you might only see once in your entire lifetime can be WAY better than sitting by a pool or on a beach baking in the sun.

2. Traveling around the world

If you travel to Europe, flights to jump from one country to another are SUPER cheap. Going from Ireland to Spain is about $100. That is cheaper than any plane flying out of Boston. Even just traveling around one country is an experience of its own.

3. Meeting people from different places

When you are traveling in Europe you are far more likely to meet people from crazy places like the Netherlands or Germany whereas if you are traveling just inside the United States you're more likely to meet someone from Florida or Oklahoma. BORING. It's fun to meet people from all over the world. Talking to people with accents and having them think you have a crazy Boston accent when you don't think you have one at all is always fun.

4. Hanging out with the animals

Being in a place like Ireland you see so many animals. You'll be traveling down the road on your tour bus and have to slow down for 50 black-faced sheep that are crossing the road. It is crazy the number of animals you see when you're over there. You don't see that happening in Boston.

5. The incredible pictures you take

So yeah, of course in a tropical place there are plenty of picture opportunities with the pretty palm trees and the really blue water, but that is nothing compared to the amazing architecture and landscapes of an educational vacation. The buildings in Europe are AMAZING compared to the stuff we see over here in the United States.

6. The foods you will eat

The food that you will eat in Europe is crazy delicious. Depending on where you travel you will get foods that are native to that country. For instance, in Italy you would be crazy not to get a pasta dish. Ireland is known for their seafood, and according to a close friend and travel companion, I most definitely should have tried it. It was delicious and definitely showed that Ireland is the place to eat seafood.

7. Traveling throughout a different country with your friends

Being in a different country with some of your best friends is an experience that nothing will ever be able to beat. Seeing new sites and trying new things in a place that you may never be again is life-changing.

8. The education

Being in a different country and traveling the world gives you the opportunity to go on a lot of tours. The tours are completely worth the money that you have to pay to go on them. The tour guides that you have will tell you stories about the places you will explore that you would have never learned if you were to just go off on your own with your friends. You learn way more about the place if you take advantage of the tours they offer.

Wherever you decide to go for your future Spring break will be amazing and completely enjoyable I am sure, but don't leave out the option of getting to go somewhere that you might never get to go again. It will be worth it. I promise.