8 New Bands You Need In Your Life Right Now

Who said guitar music is dead anyway?

10
Chess Club Records, Ignition Records, The Swiines

Did you gag at the sight of Megan Trainor, Luke Bryan and Demi Lovato performing at this year's Grammy awards? Don't lose faith in today's music just yet. There's always great, new music out there. The only thing that changes is how easy or difficult it is to find it. So, I've done the work for you by handpicking these great new artists, which means no need to weed out the manufactured pop stars, just enjoy!

1. Sundara Karma

Sundara Karma is a four-piece indie pop/rock band from Reading, U.K. Their music is based around anthemic choruses, youthful lyrics and refreshing, bright guitars. The band, whose name translates to “beautiful karma,” is due to release its debut album this year after signing with Chess Club Records last year and supporting high-profile acts like Wolf Alice, Swim Deep and The Wombats.

2. Neon Waltz

Neon Waltz is a Scottish six-piece band with a sound that is quite unique and hard to describe. Their music is centered on keyboards and guitars and they somehow manage to sound both quiet and loud at the same time. Their debut EP, "First Light," is just sheer, sonic brilliance with standout tracks “Bare Wood Aisles” and “Sombre Fayre” showcasing the immense vocal talent of lead singer Jordan Shearer.

3. The Swiines

If you love Jake Bugg, you’ll love The Swiines. Fronted by Scott Bugg (Jake’s cousin), this Nottingham-based band provides high-energy indie rock with nasal vocals that can’t help but sound a bit like folk. After releasing four fantastic singles like “Stonefaced” and “In The Dark," this band has definitely got what it takes to take the world by storm.

</center>

4. Fronteers

If you thought the Beach Boys could harmonize, wait till you hear this band from Hull. Not many bands can pull off two lead singers, but Fronteers utilize their dual vocal harmonies with perfection. These four teenagers already have backing from the BBC and have released three successful singles and though they are currently unsigned, they're sure to have record labels drooling all over them soon.

</center>

5. Same Streets

Same Streets is an English three-piece rock band that takes influence from the classic rock of the '60’s. The vocals are bluesy but the music screams of foot-stomping, electric rock ‘n’ roll. The band’s recorded material so far is killer, but what it's really known for is its energy-filled live performances and the lead singer’s amazing vocal ability. If the latest single, “Ain’t Got Nothing,” is anything to go by, they are due for a big year.

</center>

6. Otherkin

Otherkin are a punk/garage rock band from Ireland with a sound that will blow you away. Fresh from support slots with fellow Irish rockers The Strypes and other big names like Palma Violets and Parquet Courts, they’ve got everything going for them at the moment. Songs like “Ay Ay,” “Feel It” and “I Was Born” prove their ability to write catchy garage rock that belongs in the same breath as The Hives and The Strokes.

</center>

7. Pretty Vicious

Pretty Vicious are an alternative/punk rock band from Wales that oozes of teenage anger and excitement. Their name is a nod to The Sex Pistols and they definitely live up to the name with their loud, dangerous sound. They could also be described as a heavier, punk version of Stereophonics, but there’s much more to them than that. Songs like “Cave Song” and “National Plastics” clearly cement them as one of the best new bands around.

</center>

8. Blossoms

If you are like me and believe that Manchester, England, is the music capital of the world, then you’ll absolutely love this Mancunian band Blossoms. They’ve got the backing from Johnny Marr and Ian Brown, two Manchester rock legends and there’s good reason for it. They are a five-piece indie pop/rock band with an emphasis on keys, bass and synths. They’ve released several EPs, “Blown Rose," “Charlemagne” and “At Most a Kiss” and are due to release a debut album around the time they hit festival season.

</center><span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker"> </span>