8 Reasons To Visit Louisiana

8 Reasons To Visit Louisiana

There's more than beignets and swamps.

2861
8 Reasons To Visit Louisiana

Not everyone is lucky enough to have grown up in "The Boot." If you didn't grow up in Louisiana, there are more than a few reasons why you need to make a trip to the South to experience this amazing state firsthand. From the music to the food, the culture in Louisiana is truly like no other.

1. The Food

Food is probably my favorite part of Louisiana (the beignets are still really important). You can't find true Louisiana food anywhere else, other than Cajun country itself.

2. The Sports

Nothing's better than a Saturday night in Death Valley or a Sunday in the Superdome watching the Saints play. Geaux Tigers!

3. The Swamps and Bayous

As a Louisiana native, driving over the bayous and past the swamps will never get old.

4. The Plantations

Louisiana plantations are beautiful and serve as almost every single wedding venue in Louisiana.

5. The Words

From the names of our foods to the names of bayous and cities, outsiders are always questioning our pronunciations.

6. Mardi Gras

We all know why this is great. Can't forget the king cake.

7. New Orleans

Louisiana natives always have New Orleans down the road for a day trip or weekend trip, and NOLA always makes for a great time.

8. Louisiana State University

We have pride in our Tigers and whether you choose to attend Louisiana State University or not, Louisiana natives will always bleed purple and gold! Geaux Tigers!

Louisiana is such a unique place and everyone should be sure to visit and experience all that its culture has to offer. Louisiana has something for everyone, from the food to the sports to the history!