8 Binge-Worthy TV Dramas On Netflix

8 Binge-Worthy TV Dramas On Netflix

Netflix is love, Netflix is life.

114
8 Binge-Worthy TV Dramas On Netflix
The Piper

Do you like to watch wonderful, dramatic, and emotionally unsettling TV shows? Do you like to binge-watch on Netflix? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you're in the right place! Here is my compiled list of the best (and probably the cheesiest) TV dramas that can be found on Netflix.

1. "The Carrie Diaries"

It's 1984 and Carrie Bradshaw is a young teenager with a rebellious sister and an overprotective father. When Carrie jumps at an internship opportunity in New York City, little does she know she's about to kick start her entire future. Follow Carrie as she begins her journey in the Big Apple!

For everyone who loved "Sex in the City," you'll absolutely fall in love with this prequel!

Seasons: 2

Episode length: 40+ minutes

2. "Gilmore Girls"

Mother and daughter duo, Lorelai and Rory, live in the small and endearing town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Lorelai, a single mother, has increased tension with her wealthy and controlling parents while Rory is thriving with her education at the pristine private school, Chilton. Join the duo as they grow and learn through the issues of romance, family, and the generational divide.

Follow up: Netflix released the much-anticipated "A Year in the Life" in November 2016. The Gilmore Girls are back! Join Lorelai and Rory as they adventure through the four seasons in Stars Hollow.

Seasons: 7 (8, if you count "A Year in the Life")

Episode length: 40+ minutes (90+ minutes for "A Year in the Life")

3. "One Tree Hill"

Lucas and Nathan are half-brothers who lead completely different lives; they struggle to get along, but eventually find friendship through their love of girls...typically the same girls: Haley, Peyton, and Brooke. Follow Lucas, Nathan, Haley, Peyton, and Brooke as they lead quite eventful lives in the small town of Tree Hill, North Carolina.

One of my personal favorites! "One Tree Hill" will not disappoint!

Seasons: 9

Episode length: 40+ minutes

4. "Gossip Girl"

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side. Home to the wealthy and privileged teenagers that are envied by all. But that's not to say that these pampered teens don't have their dirty little secrets. Good luck trying to keep them secret--Gossip Girl, an anonymous online blogger who sees all, ruthlessly exposes every secret. Who is Gossip Girl? You'll never know if you never watch.

My all time favorite show, "Gossip Girl" is without a doubt a must watch!

Seasons: 6

Episode length: 40+ minutes

5. "Hart of Dixie"

When New Yorker Dr. Zoe Hart's dreams of becoming a cardio-thoracic surgeon fall apart, she has no other option but to take an opportunity in Alabama working as a General Practitioner. Follow Dr. Hart's crazy lifestyle as it changes from New Yorker to Southern Belle.

Anyone who is a fan of "Grey's Anatomy" will be a fan of "Hart of Dixie"!

Seasons: 4

Episode length: 40+ minutes

6. "Pretty Little Liars"

Alison, the clique's leader, has been murdered. But Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily are all receiving text messages from the mysterious "A," who is determined to reveal their secrets and lies. The girls soon realize that "A" cannot be Alison, and they began to search for clues leading to the mysterious blackmailer.

This show makes for a great summer binge! 10/10 would recommend.

Seasons: 6 (Still airing!)

Episode length: 40+ minutes

7. "Jane the Virgin"

Jane, a 23-year-old daughter of a teenage mother, is happily engaged to the love of her life, is studying to be a teacher, and is determined not to repeat her mother's mistake. But when Jane becomes accidentally inseminated during a regular check-up, her life gets turned upside down. To make matters worse, the donor is a married man and is Jane's old teenage crush. As her life plan is becoming more and more complicated, Jane will have a lot of complicated decisions to make in the future.

"Jane the Virgin" gives viewers a much-need laugh. It's a TV rom-com that anyone will enjoy!

Seasons: 2 (Still airing!)

Episode length: 40+ minutes

8. "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

When 15-year-old Amy Juergens has a one night stand with the high school's player, Ricky Underwood, she soon learns that she is dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. Though determined, Amy struggles to be both a student and a mother. Entwining herself in school, motherhood, and drama, join Amy in her high school years.

An oldie, but a goodie. Perfect for a girls night!

Seasons: 5

Episode length: 40+ minutes