Bible Quotes for Long Distance Relationship

8 Bible Versus To Help You When In A Long Distance Relationship

Let God bring you two closer.

42254
Disney Channel | Boy Meets World

Long distance relationships can be one of the hardest decisions you've ever made, but the most rewarding at the end of the day.

Whether the long distance is for one month, one year or four, things can get incredibly tricky. Even the simplest of situations can be difficult to deal with when distance is in the way. God is a huge source of comfort you can rely on when dealing with something as difficult as being separated from the one you love.

These Bible verses can help you understand and deal with just about any challenge you might face when in a long distance relationship.

1. Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

No matter what you and your significant other may be facing, whether it's trust issues or just a small fight, remember that God is by your side the whole time. He's ALWAYS there to protect and comfort you.

2. Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

You should never go through something with your significant other without God involved. God knows the ultimate truth, and he knows what's best for you. Whether you think your understanding of the situation is correct or not, pray to God about it first and see what He says about it.

3. Proverbs 10:12

"Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses."

Jealousy is a common way long distance relationships end. When something happens to the two of you, don't be quick to judge or come to conclusion on anything. Love is an important thing to have in your life, and you should always learn all sides of the situation before you make a decision.

4. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

This is a very well known bible verse on love. Not only is it common, but it's also very accurate. You and your partner's love

should be all of these things, especially when dealing with a long distance relationship.

5. Isaiah 41:10

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Similar to the first one (Joshua 1:9) this verse can help remind you that God is always with you in whatever you do. If you're feeling down and stressed and your significant other can't be with you to help, God will be there with you and strengthen you.

6. Corinthians 3:8,12-13

“ But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."

When in a long distance relationship, it's really hard to find time to just sit down and talk. When you get the chance to have a long Skype session, would you really want to ruin it with a fight? Like this verse says, put all the anger away and be kind and patient. Although there are times when things must be worked out, keep in mind that time shared together is very valuable and little unimportant fights should be put to rest quickly. Pray to God about your little concerns, and He will assure you that everything will be okay.

7. 1 Corinthians 10:13

“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

It's incredibly easy to get jealous when in a long distance relationship. The unknown is scary, and you can never be too sure where your significant other is. Although it's not a reassuring feeling, put faith in God that he will deter you or your significant other from any temptation brought forth that could hurt the relationship. Trust is very important in a long distance relationship, and if trust is something you have trouble with then ask God for trust in your partner and He will grant it to you.

8. Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Although your significant other might seem to be the one for you, if something tears you apart keep in mind that God knows the ultimate plan for you. Whether you understand it or not, one day you will understand that God's plan for you is better than anything you could ever imagine for yourself.