8 Amy Poehler Quotes For The Youth

8 Amy Poehler Quotes For The Youth

Because who doesn't want to laugh and cry simultaneously?

76
8 Amy Poehler Quotes For The Youth

Hey "The Youth.’ How is it going? Good? Bad? Ugly? Whatever the answer is, Amy Poehler seems to know what's up. She is known for making people laugh, but who knew that she was so great and well rounded about life? I did, but I pulled just a few of my favorite Amy Poehler quotes out to really make her glow. Because she should glow she is so cool.

“You deserve love and you'll get it.”

Ladies and gentlemen, never settle. It is silly, and will make you feel lonely and unhappy, so why do we do it? Maybe we feel like this is the best we can do.Well Amy is here to tell you that is simply not true. For those impatient people out there, wait it out. Because we are worth it and we deserve good quality love, thanks Amy.

“The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don't have, the happier you will be.”

The common human is such a jealous person. I find myself thinking more often than not about how I wish I had that dress, or that life style or that $52 steak at the table over, but that is not how life works. So why get so grumpy about it? Amy, you are the next political and religious figure if you keep this up.

“I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody's passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn't mind leading.”

To all you lady leaders out there, and literally everyone else I recommend reading YES PLEASE by the delicious Amy Poehler. It is a work of art. But specifically to our fearless women in power, don’t let people get in your way because they think you are weak. You are determined and driven for (hopefully) a good reason, there is no room to feel belittled now.

“I cannot stress enough that the answer to life's questions is often in people's faces. Try putting your iPhones down once in a while, and look in people's faces. People's faces will tell you amazing things. Like if they are angry, or nauseous or asleep.”

This one hits home for a lot of us. The next time you are in public look around and see how many people are seen walking, sitting, even talking with other people with their phones out. Amy says we should put it down, so lets put it down and make her proud. Also we could genuinely learn from others when we aren’t constantly distracted. Amy you dog you, you think of everything!

“I've always dreamed of growing up to be Amy Poehler.”

Be yourself. Yes. Good. Don’t try to be the next somebody, because that will never happen and you are setting yourself up for failure and you will amount to nothing. Amy insinuated it, not me. But seriously, just do you.

“Always remember your kid's name. Always remember where you put your kid. Don't let your kid drive until their feet can reach the pedals. Use the right size diapers... for yourself. And, when in doubt, make funny faces.”

Hahahahahahahahaha. This is so funny but also so true. She is so great.

“Some people get in the way of change happening.”

Another quick quote to also help this quote out...

“What doesn’t challenge you won’t change you.”

Maybe Amy has said this in her life, maybe she hasn’t but it is relevant always. Maybe it is a somebody instead of a something that is no longer challenging you to be the best you can be, and if so maybe it is time to move on. As people, we are constantly growing and changing and it is pretty good to challenge yourself, otherwise you will never change. Who wants that? Amy you rock never change.