7 Ways To Make Your New Year's Resolution Stick In 2016

New year, new me.

13

Every year, we start off saying, "new year, new me," and come up with many New Year's resolutions but most of the time, they don't end up sticking for long. Here are ways to actually stick to your new year's resolutions this year:

1. Start small.

Don't make your new year's resolution to be to "lose 30 pounds." Give yourself the goal to lose 15 and once you reach that, you will be more motivated to lose the ones after.

2. Break it down.

It would help to monthly or bimonthly goals rather than for the year. For example, if you want to save money, try to make a resolution to save 150 per month instead of 1800 throughout the year. It adds up to the same amount but giving yourself a smaller amount on a smaller deadline will increase the chances of sticking to it.

3. Write it down.

Whether on a calendar, notebook, or your ipad, your iphone, etc, write it down. This will help you keep track and keep you motivated.

4. Share your resolutions.

Tell a friend or a family member. Just telling them will make your resolution feel more real and you can discuss it with them as the year goes on, too!

5. Don't give yourself too many resolutions.

Yes, we all crave change. It's in our nature to get bored of being the same way, doing the same thing, etc. But you cannot expect to have a completely new you. Start off by having up to 10 New Year's resolutions (even less if possible). Having less resolutions will help you focus on them more and you will more likely be able to achieve them.

6. One of your resolutions to be healthier.

No matter how healthy you are, a new year's resolution should be to be healthier because that's the most important thing in the world. If you smoke cigarettes, do quit. If you're an alcoholic, tone it down by a lot. It might seem hard and not worth it, but it will be the best decision you make.

7. Comparing your resolutions year.

Comparing can help, you can see what you've achieved and what you can change to get different results.

Try to stick to at least most of your New Year's resolutions, we all like to make ones that are nearly impossible and that's fine but try to stick to the ones that you can actually change.

New year, new you.