​7 Ways To Be Successful In College

​7 Ways To Be Successful In College

There is no scientific formula on how to make it through college.

94
​7 Ways To Be Successful In College

Even though I am not the most successful college student and there is no scientific formula on how to make it through college, I created a list of seven tips that help me be successful academically, socially and professionally while in college.

1. Get Up Early

Staying on a regular sleep schedule and waking up around the same time everyday will help you feel more energized. I wake up around the same time everyday, regardless of my class schedule. I prefer waking up early to start homework and studying rather than staying up late.

2. Exercise

Exercising has many positive effects, including minimizing stress. Even if you only have ten minutes, a quick job around the block will help you stay healthy.

3. Get Involved

Whether you wan to play a sport or join a club, getting involved provides you with an instant social group. Whatever your interest is, find a club or sport that revolves around that.

4. Keep A “To Do” List

Creating a To Do list allows you to know exactly what you have to get done and by when. To Do Llsts are great ways to stay organized.

5. Get To Know Your Professors

Professors are the ones who are grading your work. Professors are more than willing to answer questions and want to help you succeed. They also have great connections for future internships and job placement after college.

6. Maintain Good Attendance

Professors pay attention to the level of involvement, and while you may think they don’t realize your skipping, they do. Skipping class also is wasting your money and you’ll miss valuable notes.

7. Maintain Social Balance

Maintaining a balance between your social and academic life is very important. Academics should come first, but make sure you make time to hang out with your friends and have fun.

Regardless of whether you’re a freshman or a senior, these four years are what you make of them. Ultimately, it is up to those who want success to do what it takes so they become successful as a result. Only they have the ability to determine whether or not they make their dreams reality.