7 Ways To Stay Motivated During The Semester

College is hard. There's a lot of work.

113
Pexel

College is hard. There's a lot of work. And sometimes, or most of the time, all we want to do is lay in bed and do nothing, or play on our phones for hours at a time. But at the end of the day, we won't remember how much Netflix we watched, but rather how much studying we didn't do or how much we weren't involved. So here are 7 things that you can do now to keep motivation and productivity up.

1. Keep busy

It's important to have a full calendar. Even if it includes simple things such as lunch and dinner dates. Always having something to do will make sure that you are always doing something. This way, your time is never really wasted. You're always doing something important.

2. Have an organized planner

Seeing everything you have to do for the entire semester really helps to put things into perspective. Running on a daily or even weekly basis won't cut it. It's important to see what's ahead because that will help you designate your time now.

3. Form groups

When it's time to study for a big exam, it's good to stay in a group. Groups hold you accountable. That way, you'll always have someone there to make sure that you are working on your homework and not on Facebook. Additionally, study groups provide an additional resource. Other people ask the questions you don't think to ask and know the answers to some of your questions.

4. Treat yourself

Something that always helps me when I have a lot of work to do is treating myself to an Americano from Starbucks. Incorporate things that you enjoy into your study routine, and you'll be way more productive!

5. Set goals

Setting goals gives you something more short-term that you can achieve. It serves as a form of instant gratification. That way, each day feels like you accomplished something, even if it really just a small piece towards an even greater goal.

6. Put yourself out there

Getting rejected happens from time to time, but that is okay. It's always important to get up and try again. Putting yourself out there is how you find the things that you are truly passionate about. Another plus is that the things that you do get are great resume boosters!

7. Schedule time for yourself

This goes hand-in-hand with treating yourself. If you schedule a Netflix break, then you'll be more inclined to work harder leading up to that. Or by giving yourself an academic cut off time at night makes you more productive knowing that there is an end in sight.