7 Ways To Get Through Midterms

7 Ways To Get Through Midterms

It's a stressful time, but we can get through it together.

37
7 Ways To Get Through Midterms
Like Success

Here at the University of Indianapolis, as well as many other schools across the country, this week is the second worst of the semester: midterms. Everyone is stressed right now, so I decided to make a list of ways to keep from having a breakdown this week. Here are my suggestions for keeping midterm week from being too stressful.

1. Spread Out Your Work

This is the hardest thing about midterms for me. I don't study for things in advance enough so I end up with tons of things to do in the same night. My best advice would definitely be to schedule study time in a way that works for you.

2. Schedule Relaxation

On the other hand, however, you can't force yourself to work nonstop all week. You have to make sure that your schedule has some relaxation time built in so that you don't wind up going insane.

3. Drink Decaf

I know that this sounds crazy as a suggestion since you'll most likely be pulling some late nights, but hear me out. Caffeine makes you jittery, and that makes you more stressed out. Whether you drink tea, coffee, soda, or anything else, go with decaffeinated options this week to keep from stretching yourself too thin.

4. Get Enough Sleep

You can't do well on exams if you're running on zero sleep all week. I 100 percent understand having to miss out on some sleep to get everything done, but you also have to get enough rest to be functional, especially if you're going without caffeine.

5. Eat Regularly

As tempting as it is to eat at weird hours in between studying, try to eat regular meals like you would any other week. Keeping to a routine and regular schedule is going to make it feel less stressful, especially because forcing yourself to leave your work alone for half an hour to eat a meal is good for you.

6. Take A Bath

In my opinion, taking a bath is the one best thing you can do during a stressful week. It's a good way to completely relax for an hour without worrying about your work too much. If you're sitting in your room watching Netflix, your work is within reach, so you feel worse about not doing it, but getting it out of sight while you're in the tub is so good for you.

7. Put Yourself First

No matter what, nothing is as important as your own mental health. Midterms are important, sure, but good grades shouldn't come at the expense of your wellbeing. Above all, take care of yourself, whatever that means to you.