7 Ways Beyoncé Has Slain My Life

7 Ways Beyoncé Has Slain My Life

Beyoncé has a long history of slaying lives and taking names and I am just another lucky victim of this. I bet you are too.

39
7 Ways Beyoncé Has Slain My Life
Renowned for Sound

It is no secret that Beyoncé is a supreme being. She's amazing at every single thing she does. Everything she touches probably turns to gold. She can sing, dance, act, and slay. She also serves as an inspirational role model for thousands of people across the globe. I am one of those people. Here are 7 ways Beyoncé has slayed my life and probably your life too.

1. She is a strong, proud feminist.

Beyoncé has empowered young girls and women all across the world to take charge as women. She has taught us that it's amazing to be a woman and that we can slay in anything and everything we do. Anything men can do, we can do better.

2. She is an LGBTQ+ ally and human rights advocate.

Many times, Beyoncé has taken to social media to show her support for the LGBTQ+ community. With the repeal of Prop 8 in California in 2013, she posted a few pictures on Instagram showing her support for marriage equality. One of the posts was a handwritten note from her saying "If you like it you should be able to put a ring on it." She also unloaded a video on YouTube titled "7/11 Pride" just a few days after love won on June 26th, 2015. She dresses up in various rainbow clothing while playfully dancing to her song 7/11. At the end of the video the phrase "#LOVEWINS" pops up in big beautiful rainbow letters. She acknowledges her influence through social media and uses it to spread love and awareness.

3. She is unapologetically black.

At this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show, Beyoncé expressed just how fed up she was with racism. Black lives matter, and she made sure you understood that. She was equipped with beautiful backup dancers dressed in Black Panther attire and her powerful song Formation. The song is all about loving your black heritage and she tells you to "get in formation" to stand up and fight against racism. She also used the music video to call out police brutality. There is a scene showing a wall that says "stop shooting us" towards the end of the video and this caused in uproar within White America. She has now received tons of backlash and is condemned as a racist and as anti-police for simply just saying how it really is. In reality, she is proud to be black, anti-police brutality, and is done with institutionalized racism.

4. She taught me that I'm a grown woman and I can do whatever I want.

Beyoncé's song, Grown Woman, reminds us that we are grown and we can do whatever we want. We don't have to listen to anyone and we build our own success. We don't have to obey your rules if we don't want to. We don't have to hold back out tongues any longer and we can voice our thoughts and opinions freely without worrying what someone has to say about them. We can stand in front of our trophies in a fancy dress and crown while drinking alcohol and reflecting on all of our accomplishments. But of course, only if we want to.

5. She's bootylicious.

Beyoncé made the term "bootylicious" incredibly famous. It was even added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2004. Where would we be without the word "bootylicious?" We would have no way to describe someone who is bootylicious and that would be devastating. Luckily, we can thank Beyoncé for that one.

6. She told us that we're all flawless.

Bey has empowered us all once again with her song ***Flawless. When we wake up, flawless. When we post up, flawless. When we ride around in it, flawless. When we floss on it, flawless. Every single thing we do is flawless. We will always be flawless no matter what. Bey is all about knowing that she's the shit and she wants everyone to feel that way about themselves too. Even if we don't think of ourselves as flawless, Beyoncé sure does think we are. And that's all that really matters in this world.

7. She's a queen.

She is Queen Bey. She lives. She loves. She slays. There's nothing much more to say. She is Beyoncé. Everyone knows that. We are so lucky to be graced with her existence on this earth. She is too good for this world.

Thank you, Beyoncé. Thank you for being a queen boss and inspiring us all to school life just like you do. You are my inspiration.