7 Thoughts Every Athlete Has During Preseason

1 word that makes every athlete groan? Conditioning.
19

1. Why does my body want to destroy me?

Your body hasn't been used to working out this much in a while and you are unfortunately feeling that during the first few weeks of practice. Ice, Advil, and Gatorade are your best friends both before and after practice.

2. How do I have this much laundry after 3 days?

Being in season and working out multiple times a day means that your laundry bin will become full way too quickly. Hopefully, you have team washes so you won't have to do laundry every day for the rest of the season.

3. Why am I always so hungry?

Practicing and lifting almost every day has caused you to never be full even after meals. Whenever one of your teammates asks to go get food you always find yourself saying yes since that never-ending rumble in your stomach refuses to shut up.

4. I need sleep

Early morning practices, then class, then lifting, then homework. When are you supposed to find time to sleep? Sleep has become more important than ever since you need it to perform well in practice and in class. It's time to start mastering the art of the nap and catching some z's in between class and practice.

5. All I ever wear is athletic clothes

Going along with not getting much sleep, most likely your outfit choices have taken a hit. You find yourself staring at that cute pair of ripped jeans and your comfy sweatpants. 8 times out of 10 you find yourself picking the sweatpants. Now that you're in season you're definitely taking advantage of dressing in your sports hoodies and sweatpants as much as you possibly can.

6. How many more sprints do we have to do?

The beginning of every sports season is always filled with everyone's favorite. Conditioning. Sometimes you lose track of how many sprints you've run across the field or court.

7. Preseason may be difficult but I'm glad my teammates are suffering here with me

The best part about being on a time is making friendships and bonding with your teammates. Through all of the practices, conditioning, and lifting sessions you're all in this together.