Every single one of us has been here. They call you from the waiting room to take your vitals, they take you into the room and ask your name and date of birth only to leave and say "the doctor will be with you shortly." Shortly is not always short though. It has taken my doctors anywhere from five to 25 minuets to get to my room before. The delay could be from patients, from paperwork, or maybe because they are humans, they needed a restroom break. No matter the reason why they keep us waiting we all know that we can have some pretty crazy thoughts running through our head.
1. Is that baby ever going to shut up?
2. I really need to use the restroom but as soon as I leave the doctor will come in.
3. Why didn't I eat before I came? I am starving.
4. I hope they are nice.
5. I swear if I have to get a shot...
6. Why is it taking so long?
7. Are you kidding me...I waited 45 minutes for you to tell me I have a cold and you can't do anything?