7 Things To Remember During Finals Week

7 Things To Remember During Finals Week

Final's week sucks, but there are some things we can do to make it better.

10
7 Things To Remember During Finals Week
YouTube

Finals, what a dirty, dirty word. I feel like I should wash my mouth out with soap just for speaking of it. It's a sad fact that anyone who wishes to graduate ever must take finals. It's a curse. It is a week that we, as a community, sacrifice to the academic gods in the hope that our 4 months of struggle, procrastination, and pain were for something. Here are some things that might help you through this horrible week.

1. 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' special.

Let's be honest, some of us have not had the time to binge the special yet, we are the procrastinators, and we are busy cramming in all the missed homework and papers we didn't turn in earlier in the semester.

2. Study Rewards

Do NOT underestimate the power of rewarding yourself for studying. Some people use Starbucks, others use candy or snacks. Personally, I buy a new notebook and some nice pens to bring with me to my new residence in the library. Also some candy. Also some snacks. A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do (tips hat at the Rugrats, #90sforever).

3. Keep in mind its just one week

This one week of pain and torment is just one fifty-second of your year. Cram your little heart out, because when its over, its over. When you walk out of that last final, let everything go. You are a free person now.

4. Spotify playlists

You need to figure out what helps you study. Sometimes it soft and acoustic, sometimes it's loud and blaring, all the better to drown out the cries of everyone else in the library who feel like they are doomed.

5. Bookmark a whole bunch of lists and articles that make you feel good.

Validation in the face of the uncertainty of finals is good. Find something that helps remind you why you are going through this in the first place. Also definitely find some cute pictures of baby animals, 10/10 would say it will at least make you crack a smile.

6. Remember that there are now 90's babies movies on Netflix.

Nothing helps you remember the times you had for finals like 90's babies movies. Heavyweights, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Cadet Kelly, Friends, Mean Girls, 10 things I hate about you, Clueless, Cinderella Story, One Tree Hill, Holes, Flubber etc etc etc are all available for comforting and soothing of the finals week woes.

7. Find a friend with a dog to hang out with

Look, odds are you know at least one person with a dog, find a little bit of time to go hang out with the pupper. Studies show that just 5 minutes with a dog helps improve mood and serotonin levels.

Finals week sucks basically no matter what, but the beauty of finals is that once its over, its over. One week is a heck of a lot better than the past 14 weeks so cheer up buttercup, we're gonna get through this!