7 Things To Do When Halloween Falls on a Monday

1016
Plusquotes.com

Halloween is a holiday filled with different activities to do to celebrate it. However, it may be a little more difficult to celebrate it when it falls on a Monday, everyone's least favorite day of the week. For many people, going out and celebrating at a costume party or a themed Halloween park event may be hard to do after work or school because of having to think about getting up early the next morning. However, this doesn't mean Halloween needs to go without being celebrated. Here is a list of seven easy things to do to celebrate Halloween this year so you can still be a functional human the next day.

1. Go to a local pumpkin patch

Going to a pumpkin patch is one of the best ways to get in the mood to celebrate Halloween. Not only are there dozens of pumpkins to choose from, most pumpkin patches will also have games, rides, and food. Going to a pumpkin patch with friends and family is a fun experience, no matter what age you are. Plus, you get to take home a pumpkin to carve at the end of the night!

2. Bake Halloween Themed Desserts

One of the best things about Halloween is the sweets. What better way to indulge in tons of sugar then to stay home and bake dessert? It's the last day of the month which means it's your last chance to put off that new diet and work out plan until the next day! Bake cookies and add some orange and black sprinkles or you can get creative and try one of those "DIY" Halloween dessert ideas saved in your Pinterest or Facebook likes.

3. Go watch a scary movie at the movie theater

There's always at least a few new scary movies that come out around Halloween that everyone's been talking about seeing. Get together with your family or a group of friends and go watch it! There's not many better ways to get scared then sitting in a huge dark room with surround sound, trying to prepare yourself for the next moment you're about to jump out of your seat.

4. Stay home and have your own scary movie night

If you're not in the mood to go out or spend money, there's no excuse for still not having a movie night. Grab some blankets, popcorn, candy, drinks, and a friend to grab when the scary parts come on. There's always Halloween movies playing all night on TV and a huge selection on Netflix. Some of my personal favorites are classics like, The Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, and Halloween. If you're not a fan of scary movies, but still want to get in the Halloween spirit, movies like, The Addams Family, Edward Scissorhands, and Beetlejuice are always good choices!

5. Take your kids, younger siblings, or dogs Trick-Or-Treating

For those of us that are just a little too old to go door-to-door asking strangers for candy, we can use kids for our excuse to go! Although we may not be the ones receiving the candy (directly..) we can still live vicariously through our kids/siblings. It's fun to watch them enjoy it, which can make it enjoyable for you. For those who do not have any kids around, what's more fun than dressing our dogs in costumes they probably hate and making them walk around the neighborhood?

6. Pass out candy to the Trick-Or-Treaters

It's hard not to be in the Halloween spirit seeing all of the kids' different costumes and how excited they get when they see that candy go into their bags. It can also give you an excuse to dress up!

7. Go to a haunted house

Local haunted houses are popular spots to visit. People make them, usually in their garages, in order to create some sort of haunted maze. They're fun and cheap, many times even free! For most of us, we won't be able to go to Universal Horror Nights or Knotts Scary Farm on a Monday night. This is a good, more authentic alternative.

Happy Halloween!!!