7 Things I Want To See On "Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life"

Where you lead, I will follow.

38
Wikipedia

We’re officially less than two months away from the premiere of "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life." Hallelujah! Fans have been patiently waiting for this since May 15, 2007.

I was a fan of the show from the beginning. My friends from elementary can attest to this. I quickly became a miniature version of Rory, minus the ambition to attend Harvard. I dreamt of coffee, journalism, and having a handsome guy like Dean. (Although now I cringe at Dean’s controlling personality.)

So, here are 7 things I want to see on Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

1. Luke and Lorelai’s relationship, and how it has developed.

Whether or not Luke will have to deal with “jam hands,” I want to see how their relationship has progressed over the past nine years. Will we see their wedding? Are they already married? How many times has Christopher stepped in, only to almost ruin everything?

2. How Rory’s career developed after the 2008 election.

We already know that Rory’s career started well because Barack Obama made it to the White House, but what happened after that? Did Rory travel the world and write? Did she finally land a job at a prestigious newspaper? Is she a teacher? (Some people have speculated about the last one.)

Also, who will Rory end up with? Alexis Bledel promised that Rory will have proper closure with Dean, Jess, and Logan. (Though, I don’t think she really needs closure with Dean. It’s over, baby.)

(P.S., I’m #TeamJess!)

3. Emily’s life after Richard.

We were all devastated to hear about the passing of Edward Herrmann, the actor who played the austere patriarch of the Gilmore family. During the original series, Richard landed himself in the hospital twice. During both occasions, Emily experienced nothing short of a breakdown. Her life revolved around being Mrs. Richard Gilmore, and she had no idea how to cope with any other version of that life.

Now, Richard is gone. What will Emily’s life look like? Will she carry on with her various social activities, or will she take a step back and spend time with Rory and Lorelai?

4. Lane, as in walk down a...

If you didn’t have a friend like Lane, you probably were the friend like Lane. I want to see Lane as a mother. Will she be over-protective, like her mother? Will she be the cool, drummer mom? Is Hep Alien even a thing anymore?

5. Stars Hollow being… Stars Hollow.

Stars Hollow has it all. Quirky residents, entertaining town meetings, and funky festivals. My hope is that our favorite townies will still possess the traits that made us love them. Yet, these people will still be on top of what’s going on around the world today.

Kirk will have held approximately a thousand odd jobs since we last saw him.

Miss Patty will still be the first to hear the latest town gossip.

Taylor Doose will still be controlling… well, everything.

6. Coffeecoffeecoffee

It wouldn’t be Gilmore Girls without Lorelai and Rory downing vats of coffee, now would it? If they’ve switched to decaf, count me surprised.

7. Those final four words.

Creator Amy Sherman-Palladino knew the final four words of the series back in 2006, but she left the show before she could make them a reality. This revelation has been driving fans mad.

My guess?

“I love you, mom.” - Rory.

I don’t like to get wrapped up in headcanons. I want to know what the masterminds behind my favorite stories envision for their characters. I may have questions. I may speculate. But in my eyes, it’s my responsibility to enjoy and discuss a storyline, not to change it to fit my specifications.

"Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" will premiere on Netflix on November 25, 2016. It will be split into four 90-minute episodes.

“Oy, with the poodles already!”