7 Things I'm Thankful For

7 Things I'm Thankful For

During this Thanksgiving break, I encourage you to take a moment and think about what you are thankful for.
92

I’m sure you remember those times in middle school where the teacher would have you think about what you are thankful for since it was close to Thanksgiving. During that time, many people would write down their family or food – something that didn’t require too much thought. As we get older, we don’t get asked about it. Our daily agenda is so packed that we can’t/don’t set aside the time to feel grateful for what we have. Here is a list of some things I am thankful for.

1. My Family

Even though this used to be my default answer when I was younger, I am extremely grateful to have them in my life. I’m so blessed to have a family who supports me, and celebrates my accomplishments with me. My parents spent many years working hard and raising me to be the successful woman I am today. I cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me. I love being able to always have my mom on my side, and having my dad want to help me with whatever I can’t figure out. My brother never fails to make me laugh. He’s grown so much, and even though he’s my not-so-little little brother, he’s become one of my closest friends. I am also thankful for my grandparents who constantly believe in me and get excited when I succeed.

2. Purdue University

Purdue has given me challenges and obstacles that I never thought I would face. I have grown so much since college started. I’ve had to work hard for everything that I have accomplished. Being challenged is difficult and stressful, but you learn so much about yourself. I’m ever grateful and ever true. Boiler up!

3. My Sorority Sisters

I’m grateful to have these wonderful women in my life. My sisters encourage me to be the best I can be, and they have made me more confident in my abilities. These quirky women never fail to make me laugh, and I always enjoy the time that I get to spend with them. Being a member of our chapter’s alpha class has shown me the impact I can make on people. My sisters have changed me for the better by showing me my potential. AOT!

4. My CS Fam

I am so thankful to have met such an amazing group of men and women. I would highly suggest having a group of friends in your major. We support each other since we know how difficult our classes can be. We think similarly, but are completely unique individuals which means we all bring something different to our group. It’s given me an entirely different college experience. I’m so lucky to have friends who understand what I am talking about and are willing to listen.

5. My Boyfriend

I’m grateful to have him in my life. He has given me support and comfort through the ups and downs I’ve been given in the past two years. He understands and works with my hectic schedule. I constantly think about how lucky I am to have someone so forgiving and loving.

6. My Long Distance Best Friend

Any time something happens in my life, she’s the first to know. It doesn’t matter how much time has passed, we pick up right where we left off. She listens and wants to know everything going on in my life. I can always count on her to go on a “Starbucks date in different states” with me. We are always each other’s first like on Instagram. I could not have gotten through high school without her, and I know I’ll say the same for college when we graduate.

7. My Dog

I always look forward to going home since I know there will be a wagging tail and some snuggles from Loki waiting for me. She has given me comfort and someone to talk to when I’m alone. She always comforts me when I am sick. She’s also an extremely silly girl with an attitude, and never fails to make me smile.

During this Thanksgiving break, I encourage you to take a moment and think about what you are thankful for. Try asking friends and family members what they are thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!