7 Signs You'd Choose A Cat Over A Man

7 Signs You'd Choose A Cat Over A Man

Honestly, your cat wouldn't like him anyway.

176
7 Signs You'd Choose A Cat Over A Man
Lexi Hammond

When you told your friends you were going to be forever alone with a herd of cats to keep you company, you weren't joking.

You can't even walk past a stray cat without excitedly crouching down to coerce it to accept your love and affection, which is basically what that guy from your morning class did all semester, but you just don't have the time for that.

You are the stereotypical, crazy cat lady.

Just how severe is your case of furry fever? You may notice a few symptoms.

1. You wish your cat could text you.

You've probably already thought about how cool it would be to be able to text your cat and check on them. Unlike the messages in your inbox that you have purposely not opened, or just didn't respond to, your cat would always get a text back.

2. You wonder what they're doing at home.

You ask yourself, "what are they up to? I wonder if they miss me." No, not your casual dating partner. You're actually just trying to remember if you gave your cats treats before you left the house.

3. When you do leave them at home, you hurry back.

Whether you attempt to shave some time off of your grocery trip or just try to run all of your errands as quickly as possible, you want to get back home to your cats. If only you would've moved that quickly to get to that date you were 20 minutes late for because you had to pay extra attention to your cats before you left.

4. Your friends always send you cat memes.

Everybody has that friend who always asks for advice about the same boy just to ignore the advice they were given and immediately run back into his arms. Thankfully, that isn't you, and your friends never have to send you long paragraphs about your boy problems. Instead, they send you every cat meme they come across because it reminded them of you.

5. You show up to the party to pet the host's cat.

When your friend texted you that Brad was throwing a party, she was trying to hint that you should get out more. However, you saw that beautiful tabby cat on his Snapchat story, and you are not leaving until you pet it. You even brought a couple of cat treats with you to keep in your purse, just in case.

6. Your Instagram account is basically dedicated to your cat.

Every time your cat does something cute, you can't help but snap a picture. After looking through your recent Instagram posts, you realize you think everything they do is cute--even knocking everything off the tables and bookshelf. Some people post tons of pictures showing their boyfriends off, but you would rather show off your kitten.

7. You let your cat distract you from work, sometimes, but never a man.

You have a paper due tomorrow, and you definitely procrastinated it. You cancel the date you had for tonight because you need to take advantage of all the time that you have left to finish it. When your cat climbs in your lap and starts to block your screen, you patiently move your head at all different angles so you can still see. Finally, your cat moves...onto the keyboard. They're sitting there like they are demanding that you take a break and pay attention to them, and you love them, so you do.

Overall, when it comes to choosing between a cat and a man, you probably don't even have to think about it.