8 Signs You Live in Carlisle, PA

8 Signs You Live in Carlisle, PA

The unique town of Carlisle, PA.

1198
8 Signs You Live in Carlisle, PA

Carlisle, Pennsylvania is a beautiful place to live. With its productive agricultural lands, and its pretty suburbs, most people find it to be a great place to raise a family, grow up in, or even retire. No matter when you have encountered Carlisle, PA, it probably has made some type of impact in your life. After living in Carlisle my entire life, I've realized some things that seem fairly unique to the region of 20,000 people.

1. As a young child, "Hotchee" might be your first word rather than mom or dad.

Carlisle is home of the famous restaurant The Hamilton. Although just a small place right off the square, it has been the place to be for years. Home of the famous hotchee sauce, people travel from all over just for a hotdog, burger, or fries. And without a doubt, when you leave The Hamilton, you'll be smelling the place on your clothes for hours after.

2. You've probably been pretty close to hitting a Dickinson College student with your car because they seem to take control of High Street.

Dickinson College is a well-known law school located right in the center of Carlisle. Although it is a small school, it's not hard to miss the students as they jump out in front of you. Slamming on the brakes is not an abnormal thing for the people of town, and usually, the students don't even look up.

3. Massey's staying open year-round has made your life so much better

Massey's is the best ice cream place in town, and just until recently, they would close after the summer months ended. With a sad face, people would drive by all winter and have a craving for their ice cream. They finally began leaving it open year-round, making the life of Carlisle residents better.

4. "What's the word?!"

Ahh, the infamous three words that have shaped all of Carlisle students and alumni. Whenever you hear these three words, you instantly say "F the bird!" No matter how big or how small, Cumberland Valley will always be your rival if you live in the Carlisle area. (Go Thundering Herd!)

5. A car show in town means you don't go near the fairgrounds even if your life depended on it.

Carlisle is known for the large car shows they put on each year. Many folks that do not live in Carlisle know of the town because they have attended a car show event. The fairgrounds usually get so packed that you can't dream of getting through, and if you aren't aware of a show that weekend, it is usually a problem.

6. Misenos II is the best pizza place in town and you usually go there at least once a week.

Whether you're young, old, or somewhere in between, Misenos has to be one of your favorite places to go in town. The bambinos are a town favorite, and they also are very supportive of Carlisle High School. With a great atmosphere, Misenos has been popular for years.

7. The Sports Emporium is a trademark of your childhood.

Going to the Sports Emporium as a child was the best thing your parents could do. Whether you were going to ride the go karts, or you were going mini-golfing, you were so excited to be there. The Sports Emporium was the best place in Carlisle (and even if you're older, it probably still is).

8. Each year you meet a new, amazing war college family.

Carlisle is home to many military families due to the war college located on the barracks. Each year, amazing new people come into our town and make it more special. Carlisle High School students get a diverse experience and have the ability to meet people from all over the world.