7 Signs You Should Probably Transfer

7 Signs You Should Probably Transfer

To transfer in, one must transfer out.

52
7 Signs You Should Probably Transfer
YepItsPrep

Most of the time students get to the point where they want to transfer, and I don't blame them. Transferring is the one word no school ever wants to hear unless it's "transferring in," but to transfer in, you must transfer out. Here are a list of signs on when it might be time to transfer:

1. You're not happy. You start school thinking, "Oh yeah, I really love this place, it's perfect for me," but as the semesters pass and your smiles turn to frowns, it might be time to transfer. You need to be happy with where you go to school, in all aspects of the word. You need to love your professors, your friends/roommates, your colleagues, the surrounding environment, and most importantly, your well-being. If you're not happy, it's a hell of a lot harder to learn and retain information.

2. You're ready for change. Do you ever get tired of looking at the same old thing? The same professors, the same buildings, the same boring dorm bedroom walls? I know I do. It's hard to want change until something or someone makes you realize how much you want it.

3. You've been screwed over. This happens to many students in some way while in school. They'll get screwed over by a professor, a friend, housing, a sport, or anything really. Sometimes it happens so much that you just need to say, "screw you," back and move on.

4. You want to be far away. Sometimes you just want a big change, like change of state. I know I live in the same county as my school, and it was a dumb decision to move onto campus. I wanted freedom from home, but should I have done it 20 minutes away? I once was a commuter, and I know I got sick of driving back and forth every day.

5. There's a better option. You look at other schools, kind of like window shopping, and you realize how much better another school is for you. You like the campus, the professors, the class sizes, or even for more personal reasons like learning disabilities. If they offer your program and it's taught better.

6. They have more activities. I know that there's nothing to do in Berks county without having to pay at least a bit of money for it, and what good is that to a broke college student? I gave up one of my favorite things when I decided to come to my school, and that was watching football on a Friday night (or Saturday in the case of college football). It hurts, but I did it.

7. Bigger is sometimes better. Sometimes bigger is better, and that's the case with me. I wanted to go to a much bigger school, but ended up at a glorified high school. It sucks when everyone knows everyone and what everyone has or hasn't done during their time spent on campus. No one needs to know your life story, and you don't need to know everyone.

These are just 7 signs that may be beneficial to help open your eyes. I know that I have most, if not all of these, and I'm ready for change. Who's with me?