7 Reasons To Join Dance Marathon

7 Reasons To Join Dance Marathon

Dance Marathon is an incredible organization that has just started on the Missouri State campus, and I think you should sign up!

122
7 Reasons To Join Dance Marathon

I'm only going to try to persuade you a little bit, but after you read this list, I think you'll be hooked! Dance Marathon is awesome, and I hope everyone sees why they should be a part of it!

They Need Your Help!

https://pixabay.com/photos/nurse-medicine-doctor-hospital-2019420/

Dance Marathon is an event that is happening all over the United States, and it's college students that help raise most of their money! There are 62 children that are admitted to a Children's Miracle Network each minute, That is more than 1 child per second. Not only that, but they also provide around 32 million patient visits to children each year. (https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/about-us/)

It's Local!

The money that is raised goes to Cox Health right here in Springfield! You're helping children in your area, whether that be by writing cards, raising money, or attending events. See the good you are doing right in front of your face. It is incredible to know that children local to us are getting the help they need, and we are the ones that are striving to help the children in the Children's Miracle Network Hospital get better.

You Make New Friends!

https://pixabay.com/photos/children-siblings-brother-sister-817365/

If you're like me, it can be difficult to put yourself out there. As soon as I joined Dance Marathon, I felt right at home and realized I was enjoying myself. I'm never afraid to contact anyone if I have questions, and they are always more than happy to answer.

You're Having Fun And Giving Back To Your Community!

I've always been the type of person that likes to help people. In Dance Marathon, it's a two for one! You're helping these children, but you're also making friends and having fun along the way. Not to mention, it's not that much of a time commitment. This is a stress free group that allows you to compete against others in a friendly way, and enjoy every second of it.

It Promotes Healthy Competition

https://pixabay.com/photos/relay-race-competition-stadium-655353/

Who doesn't love a good competition now and again? In Dance Marathon, challenge other teams to see who can raise more money during a week. Competition is encouraged! Go out against other organizations and realize you're doing it all on the kids' behalf. That makes it 10 times better!

It's Fulfilling!

https://pixabay.com/photos/joy-freedom-release-happy-2483926/

You're in college, you could spend your time doing anything. You are allowed to feel proud of yourself if you are choosing to spend your time selflessly. I feel extreme joy knowing that I get to do whatever I can to help these children, and I hope that you are able to feel that as well.

You Get To End The Year With A Huge Event!

https://pixabay.com/photos/concert-confetti-party-event-club-2527495/

End the year of Dance Marathon celebrating with all your new friends! There's a huge event where the total amount of money that was raised will be announced. Celebrate all the good you did, and then get excited for next year with Dance Marathon!

Dance Marathon may be new, but they're coming in full force. With a dedicated executive board, they are striving to do the most they can to support the children in the Children's Miracle Network Hospital, and I hope you choose to join them on their journey!