7 Reasons I Love My Dog More Than College Guys

Boys suck, but dogs will always be there with a paw to hold.
15

When all goes wrong, your heart is broken, and you're crying over boys, there is nothing more comforting than the snuggles of a warm puppy. As we went through the tribulations of high school, experienced loss, started new lives in college, and needed a good cry over the realization of approaching adulthood, our dogs loved us and comforted us through it all. Most importantly, our dogs never steered us wrong. Boys may come and go, but puppies are forever. They may call them "man's best friend," but generally they are better than college men could ever be.

1. My dog will never judge me for ordering a pizza, then eating the whole thing while watching Friends.

2. My dog doesn't grow a patchy beard.

3. My dog actually wants to "watch Netflix and chill."

4. My dog doesn't complain about "always being big spoon."

5. My dog doesn't say he will call me, then ignores me at the bar 24 hours later.

6. My dog will never ask, "who do you know here?"

7. My dog doesn't want to go to sleep after three drinks, before midnight, leaving me to eat my late-night Jimmy Johns alone.

At the end of the day, nothing feels better than knowing there is that paw to hold when all goes wrong. Their tails wag when we see them because they love us unconditionally, they give us kisses just for existing, and the only thing they want in return is a belly scratch and some snuggles. But the most important lesson to learn from our furry friends is that no matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that sh*t and keep walking on.