7 Reasons Why Husker Fans Are The Best

7 Reasons Why Husker Fans Are The Best

Why we bleed red!

389
7 Reasons Why Husker Fans Are The Best
Wikipedia

In the heartland of America there is one football team. The football team that everyone watches on Saturday. They could have a losing season and still the seats are packed, the TVs are on and everyone is watching. The Nebraska Cornhuskers are 20 days away from opening kickoff and every Husker fan out there is getting ready for the season. Let me tell you seven reasons why Husker fans are the best!

1. We are the greatest fans in college football.

Through all the years the Huskers have had great football teams and fans to match it, but even in some of the worst seasons the fans are always cheering them on. Multiple articles throughout the years have named the Husker fans, the best fans in college football!

2. People travel from all around to watch the Big Red.

If you have ever gone to a Husker football game you know that the Huskers are not just Nebraskans favorite team. People from all over the united states come to watch Mike Riley and the Huskers. Just last season Dwyane Wade came to a Husker football game!

3. The sea of Red.

When you walk into the stadium on game day you see everyone wearing red. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. You could look through any Husker fan's closet and find more red shirts than anything else. Even those who don't go to the game are wearing red while watching it at home. On Saturday's we wear red!

4. We are loud and proud.

Any Husker fan will know the times that they have screamed at their TV because someone was about to score a touchdown. While you are at the game you scream louder than you ever have and the next three days you can barley speak. Even in a close game loss we cheer for our team down to the finish line.

5. The record.

Not many people have a tradition as great as Nebraska's tradition of sold out seating. 347 consecutive sellouts over 54 years. Some teams can't even sell out an entire season. The number will only continue to grow because Husker fans are fans for life.

6. The nicest people in the world.

I know it's a stretch and there are always the few idiots in the group, but all around I believe this one to be true. The people of Nebraska are nice and polite. Even if we get stomped by the opposing team. We are respectful of any team visiting or at home.

7. We are family.

When I traveled for training, I watched the Husker game from my phone. I thought since I was the only one from Nebraska I would watch it alone, but multiple people would come and watch their favorite team. No matter what color your skin is, language you speak, or place you call home. Nebraska fans are family, brothers and sisters that cheer for one amazing team. The Nebraska Cornhuskers! GO, Big Red!