7 Life Lessons That Aren't Taught In School

I've always been told that high school is where you find your life lessons. However, life lessons aren't taught in school, but rather in your own personal life.

13

In life, there are many lessons to be taught and not all those lessons are taught within the classroom. Sometimes you might find these lessons in the most unexpected places. These lessons always seem to be more valuable than the ones you learn within the halls of the school.

Your unhappiness isn't worth making everyone else happy

upload.wikimedia.org

This lesson is probably the second to hardest one to learn and make a habit of it. Making everyone happy around can seem nice at first until you only survive based off their happiness and not your own. You soon forget what you enjoy and love. Sadly, some people don't learn this lesson until later in life and then it's hard to teach yourself that you too need happiness.

It's okay to fail

Failure is not the end of all things. It's okay to fail a test at first or fail by not getting that job. There are always chances for you to make up for those mistakes and sometimes the second round is even better than the first. Failing allows you to see what you did wrong and then develop from those issues. Then when the second round comes you can do better than what you did before.

Being angry at the world isn't worth it

live.staticflickr.com

I have met a lot of people in the world who always look at the negative or believe that the world is out to get them. They always seem angry and have a hard time getting their views changed. Being angry at the world only makes you see the negative parts of everything. Any positive thing in this world will be turned sour in your eyes. Living like that will only make you miserable and no one should live like that.

It's alright to spoil yourself sometimes

This one I found hard to do myself. I hate spending money or time that could be used otherwise on myself. I used to always devote most of my time to others or other activities. I finally learned (somewhat) to spoil myself or treat myself. By doing this you can find new things that you enjoy and take new inspiration to love yourself.

Not every moment will be okay

We're human. Not everything in our lives is going to be okay or going okay. That's alright. One thing that needs to be known is that we shouldn't dwell on the negative moments, but instead learn from them. Living through our not okay moments will allow us to understand our morals and our boundaries. Showing us how much we can take and how to deal with the aftermath of being "not okay".

Learn more than what's in the classroom

live.staticflickr.com

Teachings in the classroom allow you to understand the initiation idea of concepts. However, it's best to go beyond the classroom to further educate yourself in a touch that you find intriguing. This will allow you to expand your mindset and you may also find more interesting ideas or concepts that come off from the first subjects.

Live to be yourself

This is one is probably the hardest one to learn. With social media and people stuck in their ways, it's hard to hide from the judgment of others. We all want to fit in and be one with society. Yet, most times we aren't being true to who we are or who we really want to be. We are being blocked by filter and aren't comfortable with leaving it behind.

There are many more lessons in our lives that are teaching us amazing things. Allowing us to expand ourselves and our minds to the best of their abilities.