There will never be another woman on this earth that holds the class and or will be as much of an icon like Ms. Audrey Hepburn. Many people refer to her as an actress, an activist or just know her name. However, I refer to her as a role model and a mentor. Here are a few lessons Audrey Hepburn taught me through her works.
1. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
As a human, it is sometimes hard to be smiley and happy all the time. It can also sometimes be difficult to be friends with everyone you meet. It is always a good quality to be nice to people. You never know what someone may be going through, and you never know how a few words can make someone’s day. It is always important to stay positive and try to build others up, as well. Words can hurt, and it’s your choice to decide how you use them.
2. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
We should look past the fact beauty goes beyond what makeup or clothes we wear. Everyone is unique and different in their own. Someone’s actions can show beauty from the inside. No matter where you go, you always shine, Golightly.
3. If I'm honest, I have to tell you, I still read fairytales, and I like them best of all.
You’re not too old to watch a Disney movie or read a fairytale. It’s fun to escape to far away lands at any age.
4. You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
Words are powerful so be careful how you use them.
5. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
People go through difficult times. Sometimes things happen for reasons we do not understand. These situations make us who we are. By helping others, we can help brighten someone’s day. Even the smallest gesture can make the biggest difference. Audrey was also an ambassador for UNICEF. She constantly lived a life of service to help others.
6. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
This is the most iconic quote to me. This is a quote that I try to constantly live by. Kindness does not have a price tag, and we are never alone.
7. I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.
The legacy and words Audrey Hepburn leaves behind will always be valued in my heart. She was not only a role model to the people of her generation, but she is a role model to me. Audrey always knows best.