The 7 Day Social Media Detox Challenge

The 7 Day Social Media Detox Challenge

You've got to try this.

1433
The 7 Day Social Media Detox Challenge
The Bee's Knees Photography Co.

Social media can be a great way to share and communicate with others but it can also take you away from the present moment and leave you feeling disconnected and unhappy.

By the end of your detox you will not only feel refreshed but more grateful and loving.

This challenge may open up your eyes to just how much time you actually spend on your phone each day checking social media.

It's only for a week but it may change the way you live your life.

Day 1

Have A Social Media Free Morning

Today you will start your day without a phone in bed with you. Start the first 15 to 20 minutes of your day watching the sunrise, talking in person with your loved ones, cooking breakfast, taking a walk outside or doing some exercise instead of scrolling through Facebook or Instagram. You won't miss much by not checking your accounts right away, trust me.

Day 2

Have A Social Media Free Morning

AND

A Social Media Free Meal

Today, try not to check your phone during breakfast, lunch or dinner or at least one of the three meals. Enjoy the flavors of your food. Take the time to appreciate the meal that is in front of you.

Day 3

Have A Social Media Free Morning

A Social Media Free Meal

AND

A Social Media Free Conversation

Today whenever you're having a conversation with someone don't check your phone. Really listen to them and give them your full attention. Even when you're on the phone with someone don't simultaneously scroll through social media on your laptop.

Day 4

Have A Social Media Free Morning

A Social Media Free Meal

A Social Media Free Conversation

AND

A Social Media Free Evening

Today stay off your phone at least an hour or more before you go to sleep. Read a book, meditate, draw, color, take a nice shower, talk in person with your family or listen to some music. Do whatever makes you feel peaceful. You will have a much more peaceful and restful sleep if you do this.

Day 5

Have A Social Media Free Morning

A Social Media Free Meal

A Social Media Free Conversation

A Social Media Free Evening

AND

Have Social Media Free Alone Time

Today stay off your phone whenever you're alone, feeling bored or impatient. Whether you're waiting in line for something or waiting for someone, leave your phone in your bag or in your pocket. Enjoy the scenery around you, really see the people around you and really listen to the sounds of your environment.

Day 6

Have A Social Media Free Morning

A Social Media Free Meal

A Social Media Free Conversation

A Social Media Free Evening

Social Media Free Alone Time

AND

A Social Media Free Adventure

Today while exploring the world around you keep your phone out of sight. As tempting as it is to take pictures of what you see, see it through your own eyes today. Take it all in. Breathe in the fresh air and be grateful for all that you have.

Day 7

Have A Social Media Free Morning

A Social Media Free Meal

A Social Media Free Conversation

A Social Media Free Evening

Social Media Free Alone Time

A Social Media Free Adventure

AND

Have A Social Media Free Day

On this last day of detoxing I challenge you to spend the entire day without checking or posting on your social media accounts. I believe that you can do it! Experiment and see how it makes you feel.