7 Bible Verses Every College Student Needs To Read

Seven verses we can live by.

17
http://www.centerbranch.org/prayer/

College is awesome, fun and exciting. While it is supposed to be the best time of our lives, college is also extremely difficult. Whether it is the stress of the work, the lack of sleep and confidence, or the pressure of maintaining a social life while working, college is very tiring on all of us. It can be hard to remain focused and confident, but if every time we starting feeling down and insecure, we turned to the Holy Bible and God's word instead of other substances, I truly believe that it would make college easier. No matter what you're facing, here are seven bible verses that every college student needs to read at least once:

1. For when we fear the future

"For I know the plans that I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

No matter how much we may doubt our futures, this verse assures us that God is with us and is blessing us with the future he has laid.

2. For when we are feeling lonely

"There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no rock like our God." -1 Samuel 2:2 (NIV)

No matter how alone we may seem or feel, this verse assures us that God is always with us. We will never be alone when we have him.

3. For when we are lacking integrity

"The Lord does not look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." -1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

The important lesson this verse explains to us is that no matter the pressure we face, we must maintain our integrity and we will be rewarded. Our inner beauty must shine through our outter beauty.

4. For when we have conflict

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." -Matthew 5:44 (NIV)

We are all bound to face peers and teachers we don't see eye-to-eye with, and this verse tells us to always pray for those people and not to hold grudges against them.

5. For when we doubt God's plan for us

"He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." -Luke 11:28 (NIV)
This verse is reassuring us with the Lord's plans for us. We must trust and follow the path that the Lord has laid for us.

6. For when we feel blessed

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story- those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from the east and west, from north and south." -Psalm 107:1-3 (NIV)

Just like when we turn to the Lord for guidance, this verse reminds us also to turn to the Lord to praise him. Our glory is because of him, and we must praise and recognize him for our blessings.

7. For when we are victorious

"For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." -Deuteronomy 20:4 (NIV)

When we finally come out victorious, this verse is a reminder to once again thank the Lord for our accomplishments because he did give us the power to become victorious.

No matter how hard college can be, looking to the Lord's word is always comforting and inspirational through the hard times we face. No matter what you are enduring, the Lord has a message for you, and these are only seven of the thousands he wrote for us.