Reflecting On My Time As Part Of The Odyssey Community

I have been so blessed to have been a part of this incredible community.

5
Personal Photo/Megan Patty

I always wanted to write, especially for Odyssey. I remember seeing Odyssey articles constantly flooding my Facebook as I was in high school. I just never knew how to get involved, and personally I felt that I did not have anything interesting to write about as a high school student, so I never looked further into how to be part of it until I was messaged by the President of the Odyssey community at Missouri State University about writing for the community. And I said yes. I had no idea what I was doing nor did I know what I could bring to the table or what to expect, but I said yes.

Being part of this team has given me friendships that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life, confidence in using my voice to speak up for the things that I am passionate about, and has given me a creative outlet over the past year and a half. I am so grateful that I said yes, and am so grateful to have been a part of this magnificent team.

Because of this experience, I have become more confident in the things that I believe and confident in the things I do not agree with or believe. I have been able to really learn who I am and how I can use my voice for the good of those around me. I cannot say it enough, but I have been blessed to have been able to work with such an incredible and passionate team.

That being said, it is time to move into the next phase of my life; my next phase of adulthood. On to working full time and attending graduate school, because of both of those things I do not think that I could really give this community the effort it deserves. So, it is time.

Truthfully, I don't know how to say goodbye to my team. So, I guess all I can say is thank you. Thank you for bringing me into this community, encouraging me, and overall just being a friend to me when I needed it the most. There aren't enough thank yous in this entire world to express my gratitude.

Thank you.