7 Places That Make 6th Street In Austin, TX The Best

When you think of Texas, I'm sure you think of cowboy hats and George Bush, but in the bustling city of Austin, it is so much more than that, especially on 6th street.

Voodoo Doughnut 

Are you a big Krispy Kreme fan? Well, you won't be any more after you indulge one of the Voodoo doughnuts from their well-known pink boxes. According to Voodoo Doughnut, "Good things come in pink boxes," especially their Homer and Bacon Maple Bar doughnut. (Based on personal experience)

Buffalo Billiards 

A yee-haw western bar that brings a modern twist into it. Come have fun and play some pool or darts or have some real fun by ordering drinks such as their "Blue Balls," or "Nice Rack."

Green Light Social 

An organic patio bar that is appropriate for just about anyone from young professionals to college students in Austin. Get yourself a nice "adult" Capri Sun, and dance in the radiant green, glowing lights.

The Blind Pig Pub 

A popular roof-top bar that has been located in the middle of 6th street for over 15 years and includes games and live music every single day. This pub has a whopping four bars and two floors dedicated to live music, and a chance to enjoy 16 local beers on tap.

Star Bar 

Another great gem that lights up 6th street with its huge neon sign that greets people from afar. This bar has two patios, one in the front for people watching, and another patio in the back. Along with their 17 rotating taps, they are also home of the best Fried Chicken trailer in Texas.

Voodoo Room 

If you are interested in more than just standing around and casual having a nice cocktail at the bar, I recommend Voodoo Room. Here you have the option to dance the night away with bottle service and drink specials from Thursday-Sunday.

Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar 

A bar that is full of entertainment and piano players. This is the only dueling piano bar in Austin, TX that includes a laugh-along and a sing-along great time for everyone.

This is only a sprinkle of what 6th street is all about. From the east side to the west side of this street is full of never-ending unique fun and food that I believe everyone should experience at least once.