Six Ways To Stay Active This Winter

Six Ways To Stay Active This Winter

Kick hibernation to the curb

12
Six Ways To Stay Active This Winter
google images

I’m sure we’re all familiar with the drudge of winter. Gloomy skies and sharp winds can make it so easy just to stay curled up on the couch all day with a cup of tea and our favorite Netflix shows. Thus, the ever-feared “winter body” is born. It’s obviously not the most appealing thing the get out of your pajamas on a cold winter morning and go to the gym or a jog outside amongst the bleak and empty tree branches. However, there are still plenty of ways to keep yourself active and healthy during the winter months without having to endure the discomfort of the chilly outdoors.

1. Yoga

This is probably the one you were all expecting. And, while it is cliche, it’s for a good reason! Yoga is one of the easiest ways to keep your body in shape during the winter and it even has the added bonus of keeping your mind healthy too! If you’re looking to stay extra warm this winter, look into taking a heated yoga class to keep you extra cozy (and extra sweaty).

2. Home Workouts

I always find at-home workouts to be so underrated. Sure, it doesn’t always look or feel as legit as a gym workout, but the only thing that matters is that you get your body up and moving. There are a ton of options for quick workouts that you can do from the comfort of your living room and most of them don’t even require equipment!

3. Set Goals

I always find it easy to stay motivated if I have something to look forward to. Setting realistic and positive goals for yourself can make staying active a lot more enjoyable and exciting than you’d expect.

4. Winter Sports

Ice Skating, skiing, snowboarding and even sledding are all ways to stay active that can include having fun with your friends and family as well. Remember--exercising doesn’t always mean you have to wriggle into your Underarmour and pick up a dumbbell.

5. Walking

This may not seem as appealing as the other options I’ve listed but bundling up and going for walks can still be a great way to stay active.

6. Get Creative!

Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and try something new. Sign up for a different class, join a new gym or take up a new sport. The options are endless; get creative!