6 Tips That Make Your Dorm Feel Like Home

Dorm sweet dorm.

79
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/27/636577672173694704-829187783_tumblr_nwuykaYH621qgkc5so1_1280.jpg

Everyone knows that the dorms at college aren’t usually the biggest places to live, especially when you share the room with one or two other people. However, there are hacks scattered all over Pinterest and the internet that help you make use of the space and keep your dorm super cute and chill. Here are six ways to make your dorm feel like home!

1. Decorate using pictures

Pictures are a fun way to decorate because it is like your family and friends are always with you. Placing them in cool patterns on your walls or on your dresser gives your room a little flare.

2. Use big and fun pillows to decorate your bed

Yeah, maybe a Twin XL bed isn’t the best thing to sleep on, but throw a few decorative pillows and a fun throw blanket on it, and you instantly make it feel better!

3. Wall decorations

Whether you hang up a tapestry or a cool canvas, the blank wall of a dorm room is always in dire need of great additions that amp up the space.

4. Windowsill knick knacks

If you have a windowsill or something close to it, putting succulents or cute knick knacks on it can make a sunny area look cute and cool!

5. Fuzzy carpets

If you do not have a carpeted dorm, tile floors can be cold and bland looking. Using a fuzzy carpet can make it feel homey and warm and even act as a cute place for friends to sit!

6. Lights

Getting lit can be as simple as putting up cute string lights around your dorm! Twinkle lights or plain old white Christmas lights take away from the harsh overhead light and great a soothing mood lighting.