I am sure most of us have seen this cucumber trend on social media lately. Recently, people on Twitter and Instagram have been recording themselves pretending to give fellatio to a cucumber just for laughs when it's honestly disgusting. Sadly, there are people who find it sexy. So ladies (and gents), before you try deepthroating a cucumber or using it as a dildo, here are other alternatives cucumbers can be used for...or health benefits:
1. Keeps you HYDRATED!
Cucumbers contain 95% of water, including electrolytes. Having a cucumber is perfect for those hot summer days or after an intense workout. Yes, I mean the cucumber by itself, not like in this GIF.
2. When used directly on the skin, they provide a cooling and soothing effect that decreases swelling, irritation, puffiness and inflammation.
This is why you see people place cucumbers over their eyes while relaxing at spas. I'll put it this was, a lot of fruits and vegetables are good for the skin and overall health.
3. Helps prevent/treat cancer
That's right! Cucumbers contain high levels of nutrients known as cucurbitacins, which can help prevent cancer by stopping cancer cells from proliferating and surviving.
Cucumbers contain cucurbitacins A, B, C, D, and E.
4. Eliminates bad breath.
Yes, you have to actually eat the cucumber for this to work, not shove it down your throat.
5. Improves your cardiovascular health
Cucumbers contain loads of fiber and potassium, which contributes to having an overall healthy heart.
6. Helps control/prevent diabetes!
Studies have shown that certain ingredients in cucumbers have reduced spikes in blood sugar and can regulate your metabolism. Instead of reaching for a doughnut, reach for a cucumber instead. (Well, it's okay to have a doughnut once in a while.)
- 11 'Silly Songs With Larry' That ANY And EVERY College Student ... ›
- The Best Ways TO Maximize Cucumber Cultivation ›
- 9 Easy Natural Water Cleanses To Start Your New Year Strong ›
- 16 Food Items That Have Deceived Us All ›