The Best Ways TO Maximize Cucumber Cultivation
food

All Great Salads Need A Cucumber, Learn How To Maximize Their Benefits

Cucumber cultivation is a growing industry

72

Cucumber Cultivation- Technical Know How

Today, most of the advanced farmers are taking advantage of the maximum benefit by cultivating vegetables. Cucumber cultivation is also one of these. Due to high demand for cucumber in the market, cucumber cultivation is very beneficial for the farmers. The use of cucumber is increasing as a salad with food, which is also increasing its market prices. Let's discuss how we can grow cucumber in a better & scientific way.

Land & Land Preparation- Sandy loan soils have been proven excellent for Cucumber farming. Add 30-40 MT of well rotten FYM should be applied per acre in the field and should be mixed well with the help of cultivator. Seed should be shown in the well-prepared field with the fine tilth of the soil

Seeds and Varieties- There are two types of cucumber seed is available in the market. The varieties having seed in its fruit and seedless varieties. The demand for seedless cucumbers is growing. This is grown in every type of soil which has good drainage facility. Rich soils with good organic matter helps in good yield. The cucumber can be grown almost a whole year in a controlled environment.

Varieties-Nazia, Shyam Malini Rucha, Mini angel , Mini wonder, Sania, Nitin Kianand Sunstar, Himalai, Japanese Long Green, Jovinet Set, Poona Khera, Pusa Coinage, Soft, Phoenet Set, State 8, Cucumber 90, Cucilla 75, Hybrid 1 and Hybrid-2, Kalyanpur Green are some of the famous verities of the cucumber.

Availability of the seed- The biggest marketplace for the seeds in India is Farmkey. Farmkey is in the service of the Indian farmers with the availability of almost all seeds, pesticides and fertilizers. The seeds of several cucumber verities are available at Farmkey

Seed Rate- 400-500 gm of seed per acre is required for the hybrid verities and 600-800 of Open pollinated verities are required for the once are of the crop.

Sowing- The seed of the cucumbers are sown directly in the soil. The distance from the line to line can be kept 1 meter whereas a plant to plant 30 Cms.

Irrigation- Cucumber requires good no of light irrigations on certain intervals. The crop of the cucumber is very sensitive to irrigation in summers it requires irrigation every third day and in winter it can be given in every 6-7 day's interval.

Harvesting- First picking of the cucumber can be done after 45 days of the sowing. The crop gets over in 90 days in open field condition. If the crop is in controlled condition/polyhouse it lasts for almost 150 days. The harvesting should be done on every alternate day

Nutrition- 30-40 Mt of FYM to mix well in the soil before sowing. 90 Kg Nitrogen, 60 Kg of phosphorous and 60 kg of Potassium to be applied in a one-acre crop. Full does of the phosphorous and potassium and 1/3rd of the nitrogen to be applied at the time of land preparation. Rest of the nitrogen to be given in two equal split dosages in standing crop.

Micronutrients- Proper scouting of the micronutrients deficiency is need during the whole crop cycle. Micronutrients can be applied as and when required.

Disease- There are many disease & pests which attacks the cucumber crop. Some of the dangerous diseases are downy mildew, blight, LCV. The fruit fly, termite, and nematodes are the pests which severely affects the crop. All the disease and pest can be controlled using effective chemicals. Sctin 60WG is effective against downy mildew and blight. Regent SC is an effective chemical for the control of termite.