The Best 6 Rides Of Kings Dominion

The Best 6 Rides Of Kings Dominion

And why no one should miss out on a day trip to Doswell, VA, this summer.

504
The Best 6 Rides Of Kings Dominion
themeparkreview.com

Kings Dominion is awesome. With numerous thrills and an exciting atmosphere woven throughout the park, there's no doubt that this place was a highlight of my summer, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a memorable day trip. What makes this colossal place located in Doswell, VA, so much fun? The rides of course! Here are my six favorite rides from this incredible theme park:

1. Paradise Plunge

This added water park made the 95 degree heat bearable, and Paradise Plunge was only a small aspect of what this refreshing place had to offer. The line may have been longer than others, but it was worth it. Standing upon the glass floor at the top of this unnerving drop gave me a mix of anxiety and excitement, and once it moved and I was sliding smoothly down the rest of the plunge, it was incredible.

2. The Intimidator

Even this picture makes me feel queazy. Promising to impress thrill-seekers everywhere, this ride reaches a height of 305 feet and speeds of 90 mph. Your eyes will most definitely feel fuzzy after the drop and you may feel completely out of it once you exit the ride, but knowing you have rode one of the biggest rollercoasters around is an accomplishment in itself.

3. Tornado

Perhaps one of my favorite rides of the day, Tornado was absolutely awesome. Yes, it was a trek up to the top carrying the four person inner tube, but after sliding into the darkness and dropping into the funnel, you can only help but laugh as the water crashing over you with every swing of the tube.

4. The Volcano

This ride is perfect for first time rollercoaster riders. Exploding out of the volcano in a completely vertical direction, this aspect of the park is sure to impress. With twists and rolls at every angle, The Volcano is definitely not one to miss.

5. Dominator

One of the first rides that visitors go on, this attraction never disappoints. With gut-wrenching and non-stop action until the very end, the Dominator truly stands out as one of the best rides the park has to offer. Holding the world record as the longest floorless rollercoaster at 4,210 feet, this experience is like nothing else the park has to offer.

6. Zoom Flume

If you're looking for a four person water ride that promises to thrill, this is it. Even though it only lasts for a short amount of time, the rush you experience as your tube crashes up the sides of the slide is breath-taking.

So, if you're looking for a day trip this summer that is bound to entertain and thrill, Kings Dominion is it. Each of these rides offers something unique and exciting that no one should miss.