Are Humans Meant To Be Vegan?

Are Humans Meant To Be Vegan?

Six reasons you should eat plants and leave meat out.

564
Are Humans Meant To Be Vegan?
Google Images

What are humans supposed to be — herbivores, omnivores, or carnivores?

Most humans on earth these days conduct their lives as omnivores. Its became a global obsession. We go out to eat at restaurants that are entirely based around eating animals, we think a dinner is only a proper dinner if it has meat on the plate, and we believe dairy milk is one of the most perfect foods to ever consume.

What if I told you it was all wrong?

The human species is the only species on the planet that consumes foods that it is not meant to eat. You will never find an elephant, giraffe, gorilla, rhino, deer, cow, horse, moose (the list could go on) eating outside of the plant kingdom. They are completely herbivorous. Matter of fact, most animals on the planet are herbivores. Adversely, you will never find a bear or lion who does not have the urge to kill a prey.

So, what are we suppose to be eating?

Humans are biologically herbivorous. Our entire body is designed to consume plants and plants alone. Lots of plants, but only plants. We are not suited for anything else, or should I say anyone else.

1) It all starts with the teeth. We have small, not very sharp teeth. Our jaw, when it chews, moves side to side (like a cow) to grind plant foods, not rip apart raw meat.

2) Our hands and feet do not have talons or claws that would otherwise aid us in the capture of prey. This is because plants do not run or fight back, therefore we do not need much defense.

3) Our digestive tract is similar to every other herbivore on the planet - long, curving intestines made to absorb as many nutrients and fiber from the very nutrient-dense, fiber-rich plantbased diet we [should] consume.

4) We are not visually pleased or turned on by the sight of raw flesh. Our psyche and eyes are quite disgusted at the sight of it in all actuality. If we were truly meant to eat meat, like a lion, we would dig into it and eat it raw - no need to cook it. Even when we cook it, we don't like it plain, we dress it with plant-based ingredients. We also do not have the natural inclination to go after something that run by us. Nevertheless, apples, berries, and fresh vegetables are very attractive to us, though. Wonder why?

To test this theory, put a raw steak and a strawberry in front of a toddler and you will learn the true instincts of a human who has not been socially taught the things to eat, but rather its own psychology telling it what is safe to eat. A toddler will always pick up the strawberry and start nibbling on it :) So cute!

5) We are not immune to foodborne bacteria, diseases, and parasites that come from raw meat and eggs, such as salmonella (undercooked meat, seafood, and eggs) and vibriobacteria (contaminated seafood). If we were a lion or a dog we would not get sick by these types of foodborne microbes. Food poisoning sickens more than 48 million people per year in the US.

6) A plantbased diet can prevent 14 out of 15 of the top causes of death in the United States and help treat or reverse over half of them! These include heart disease, cancers, stroke, high blood pressure, and diabetes. (Dr. Greger, YouTube video "Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death").

Going vegan is tremendous in all kinds of ways!!

There are many more reasons why plants are best, but I have to go. I recommend you do more research if you are still curious.

To see my vegan journey in real time, visit my Instagram page @ounceofjess

Thanks so much for reading!

Jess

See you next week for a new article :)