6 Reasons I Thank My Roommate

6 Reasons I Thank My Roommate

Thank you, Morgan for always being there for me <3

18
6 Reasons I Thank My Roommate

Dear Morgan,

Yes, this letter is long overdue and I apologize for that. However, now that I am finally writing to you, there are a lot of things I want/need to say to you.

1. I will forever miss spending our Snow Daze together!

Yes, these were the days we longed for. Waking up in our double room together to see a fresh coat of snow covering the quad outside our window. Once we realized our responsibilities were put on hold for the day, it was not long before Netflix was turned on to whatever episode of Friends we were on and the binge-watching began. We would find ourselves consumed by our blankets with no intentions of cracking open a textbook, or trudging to the cafeteria for our less than mediocre meals. Which brings me to the second thing I am thankful for from you....

2. I will never find someone else that shares my love for pepperoni, mushroom, and black olive pizza-- and that really sucks!

For some odd reason, the world does not share our taste buds, and I have not found another human (besides a few family members) that like the same pizza toppings as I do. However, whenever we decided on getting pizza for the night there was no question on what we would get as our toppings. It was just that look we’d give each other, and it was understood what we would get. Now, most of you reading this will probably think I am being dramatic, but if there is one thing you need to know about the girls in VW 201...it was not to mess with us and our pizza toppings.

3. Target is not the same without you.

Everyone knows that some people have an obsession with shopping at Target. However, you, Morgan, not only shared that obsession with me but would take it one step further by making sure everyone in Target knew we were friends. Yes, I am talking about when we would get separated one of us would blurt out “Marco!” quickly to be followed by the other saying, “Polo!” It was the most effective way I could think of in finding you and it never failed us. The looks we got were anything but accepting but that did not stop us from doing it almost every time we were there. It might sound silly, but when I look back on our time as roommates that is one of the things I am forever thankful for.

4. I now know much more about horses than I ever intended to

I never fully understood the horse world and by no means do I now, but I understand it a little more thanks to you being my roommate. Whether it was you telling me about the different kinds of classes, what the term “lame horse” means, or taking me to the barn for some face time with the horses, you never gave up on trying to teach me about your world. I, still to this day, would never know the difference between cantering and trotting had it not been for your dedication in teaching me about horses. Thank you for not giving up on me and letting me into your world for a little while.

5. Thank you for always listening to my boy problems.

I honestly do not know how you put up with me at that time and me constantly talking about the guy I was seeing. However, every time I would complain about how far away we were from each other, gush over a text message or Valentine’s day box he sent me, or just need someone to talk sense into me not flying to Japan to see him, you were always there. Whether I was blubbering crying, giddy and giggling, or asking you advice, you never flinched. You were my voice of reason at a time when my mind was very clouded and I cannot thank you enough for that.

6. The first day we moved in together I knew you’d be more than just a roommate.

The first day I moved in was a little scary for me. We had not met before, had talked very little, and both wanted a roommate that would make our start at Centenary something to smile about. Meeting you for the first time I knew we were going to be more than just two people sharing a living space. Over the course of our time living together, I found one of my best friends in you and would not want it any other way. We have laughed together, cried together, shared books, and shared our love for wanting to stay in on a Thursday night. We have been through so much and there is never a day that goes by where I am not grateful for Centenary putting us together as roommates.

I know that this cannot accurately depict all of the times we shared together, or all of the memories I have tucked away in my heart. However, whenever I am sad or need a reminder of a time when I was truly happy, I think back to the time we lived together and the moments I would not trade for anything. Thank you, Morgan, for making my time at Centenary something to remember. I will always be thankful for you and our time in VW 201.