6 Reasons Dogs Are Truly Man's Best Friend

Love is a 4-legged word
34

I am a dog person, and I believe there are so many reasons why dogs are man's best friend. We may ask ourselves why dogs? There are many loving and playful animals in this world, so why are dogs considered man's best friend? Well here are your reasons as to why dogs are just plain awesome, and why dogs are man's unconditional best friend.

1. They're always waiting at the door when you get home.

Whether it's one minute or one week, your dog will be ecstatic when you walk through that door. Dogs don't have much of a sense of time, so to them, it all feels the same and they are just as excited every time you come home. There are countless videos on the internet showcasing this wonderful moment shared between these two friends, and each one will make just about anyone's day. This gif proves it -- I know you're smiling, don't act like it doesn't pull on your heart strings even just a little bit.

2. They will always cuddle with you.

What is better than some puppy cuddles? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Cuddling with your favorite canine pal(s) while binge watching your newest Netflix addiction is the best way to spend any night. Actually, that's exactly what I'm doing right now. Having a dog is almost like having that boyfriend/girlfriend that will always be there for you.

3. They are the best listeners.

Have you just been through a bad break-up? Did you just fail a test? Whatever it may be, your dog is by far the best listener; they don't interrupt you, they love you no matter what you did, and they'll give you lots of kisses once you're done -- and puppy kisses are just about as awesome as puppy cuddles.

4. They motivate you to be the best you.

Your dog doesn't see any bad in you, they honestly believe you're perfect no matter what you do. They make you strive to be the person they think you are. Simple as that.

5. They love you unconditionally.

There are basically just a handful of beings on this planet that will love you no matter what: your parents, grandparents and, of course, your dog. The fact that there is never anything you can do to make your dog stop loving you is so awesome. It's even hilarious when you have to scold your dog for something, and two minutes later they are giving you kisses.

6. They love to have fun.

No matter the age of the dog, their fun-loving personality is one of the biggest reasons why man and dog get a long so well. They are always up for a game of catch, a walk in the park, or just a simple tug-of-war match.

No matter what happens in life, always remember that your dog loves you. Love truly is a four-legged word.