Sorry Dog People, Here Are 6 Reasons Why Cats Are The Best Pets

Dogs are second best, don't worry, but no pet can beat a cat.

95
Unsplash

There is no doubt that any kind of pet is the best pet to ever exist. As long as they are yours and willing to grace you with their presence, you know that they are the best. However, for me, there is one pet that stands out from the rest. Dogs are great, sweet, kind animals.

Anything kept in a tank or aquarium is perfect and better than any human you'll ever meet. Despite all pets being great, cats are the best of the best. They are sweeter and yet ruder than any creature to ever be domesticated.

1. They are low so maintenance that even fish are jealous

As long as you feed the little guys, you are perfectly fine with letting them go on their own. Both indoor and outdoor cats don't require much maintenance whatsoever, but that doesn't mean they aren't accepting of any excess pampering their owners want to give them. They are humble, but never modest. They'll take all the love and affection they can get.

2. They are cuddlier than any other pet

Sorry dog people, you are just wrong when you argue that cats are not as cuddly as dogs. Cats, though they like to seem as if they are not interested in being smothered with love, are definitely the cuddliest pet you can have. They enjoy anything that is warm to curl up around and, besides sunspots on a carpet and hot laptops, humans are the warmest thing they can wrap themselves up around. Well, humans or other pets that they can use for their own need for warmth.

If you have ever sat somewhere for a few seconds where cats live, you know that your lap, chest, and head are all cuddling opportunities for the cat.

3. They understand sarcasm/pettiness more than humans

Dogs understand pure joy like no other creature, but if you've ever had a bad day and you want to rant to a pet, cats are the go to. They are the white, suburban moms of animals, ready to fight whoever you are complaining about. Though they can't talk, you know that they are telling you to be as petty as possible to every driver who cuts you off in traffic.

4. They will protect you as if they are the size of a lion

Well, at least they try to. Some outdoorsy cats can bring little gifts to their owners, while some indoor cats struggle with killing bugs. No matter what though, those little hunters are trying their hardest to protect you from everything.

5. They manage to look beautiful and dumb at the same time

If you've ever seen a cat gracefully go from cleaning themselves and sitting as if they are distinguished monarch on top of their cable box thrown to jumping and completely missing their target, you know what this means. Cats act like royalty, yet they perform so many silly acts before acting as if they meant to do every single mistake they have done.

Cats are the perfect example of sophisticated morons, and we love them more for that.

6. Toe beans

Hands down, the best feature of a cat, and also something that humans love to gawk over with their pets. There is no reason for little cat feet to be as perfect or beautiful as they are.