6 Great Ways To Procrastinate Right Now

6 Great Ways To Procrastinate Right Now

You deserve this.

33
6 Great Ways To Procrastinate Right Now
pexels.com

The end of October means Halloween, the end of midterms, winter showing its first signs in the leafless trees and uncomfortably cool weather. With this signifying the beginning of the holiday season, school seems to be becoming less and less imperative.

Odds are if you're reading this article, you probably have already joined the procrastination train. Don't worry - I'm not calling you out; I'm giving you the go-ahead. The mid-semester slump is real; we've powered through mid-terms and our brains are fried. We just don't have the will to study anymore. Here are more ideas to continue your streak and put off writing that paper for a bit longer; after all, you've got things to do:

1. Write a handwritten letter.

I'm sure great-grandma Dorothy would really appreciate the thoughtfulness behind receiving a handwritten letter like she did in the good ole' days. It doesn't have to be your grandma, though - everyone likes receiving handwritten notes! Take some time out of your busy schedule to make someone's day for two dollars and 10 minutes of procrastination.

2. Go meet a dog.

This is hardly procrastination because walking is exercise, right? There are so many great places to go meet your next best friend - dog parks, normal parks, college campuses, over the fence of someone's backyard, etc. This "procrastination" is worth about 20 minutes with an added bonus of a week's worth of happiness.

3. Do crafts.

Faced with the responsibilities of adulthood, we all just want to revert back to a time when not being able to find a skin-color crayon for our self-portraits was the epitome of our struggles. Live in denial and relive your childhood for an hour of creative procrastination.

Plus, if you're in a sorority there are always paddles to decorate and canvases to paint.

4. Call your mom.

Mom loves hearing from you, and if you're faced with a busy week, then there's no one better to give a pep-talk. Score some points with the fam, and score a half hour of procrastination while you're at it.

5. Free up some storage on your phone.

If you're anything like me, procrastination happens in more avenues than just school work. I have hundreds of unread emails, duplicates pictures of my dog and messages sitting on my phone from over a year ago that could be sorted through. Even though this is procrastination in its own way, it could be your savior when you really need something to justify not starting that paper that's due at the end of the week. Depending on the severity of your past procrastination, if you free up space on your phone, you could free-up up to an hour of procrastination time.

6. Develop pictures to hang on your wall.

After going through your thousands of pictures from the previous suggestion, you'll probably stumble across some great ones that you forgot you ever took. Take some time to stroll through memory lane while also brightening up your room with some fresh photographs. In addition to the twenty minutes it takes to send them in and later go pick them up, this one doubles as a craft for when you spend an extra hour designing a mural for the wall above your desk. Totally necessary.