6 Best Ways You Can Help The Environment

Find out how you can help environment with our 6 simple tips!

7
Save The Planet

Our planet is our home - we've got to protect it. The future of humankind depends on how well we care for the earth's resources. Thankfully, there are many simple ways that everyone can help keep the world green.

Here are 6 best ways you can help the environment:

1 Reusable water bottle.

A reusable water bottle will dramatically reduce your plastic consumption and also save lots of money. If you buy single-use bottles every day, not only do you contribute to millions of disposable bottles being thrown away each year, but that adds up to a significant amount of wasted cash as well. Instead buy a proper metal/plastic reusable water bottle which costs anything from $10-$40 depending on whether you want one just for water or a nicer/recyclable, lightweight option.

This is a simple habit change that can save you time and money while helping the planet at the same time! #2 Buy Water Filter If there's one thing we're doing wrong as humans, it's using single-use plastic bottles to drink clean water. Bottled water is like liquid gold - It costs anywhere from 3 cents up to 1000 times more than tap water - yet most bottled waters don't even taste any better! Just buy a reusable filter bottle instead and fill it with your own filtered tap water all day long. A Brita filter jug will cost you around $20 but will pay itself back within 6 months due to the amount saved on bottled waters.

2. Buy a Water Filter

Bottled water is convenient - there's no doubt about that. But did you know that nearly half of all bottled water is nothing more than repackaged tap water? You're paying extra simply because it was processed slightly differently after leaving your sink or faucet before being put in a bottle.

Instead, buy yourself a water filter and install it on your sink at home or the water fountain machine at work. It may not be quite as convenient, but you'll know exactly what's going into your body when you drink it - and you won't have to pay an extra $1.50 per bottle for the privilege either!

3. Remove Scrap Car

There are several ways to get rid of a scrap car besides just calling up a local mechanic or wrecking yard like Scrapcartorontoshop.ca.

- Offer to remove it yourself (but remember: only if there is no valuable metal left in the vehicle)

- Find another driver who will take care of this problem for you (for example by getting paid in cash)

- Donate it to a charity that is willing to take this car from you (for free, or you could lower the price)

These options can be nice because they don't cost anything, and give other people an opportunity to benefit. You could also consider giving your car away for free on websites like Craigslist; typically someone who needs a car will show up within days of your posting. If you have any valuable parts left in your vehicle (like tires), try selling them online instead of taking scrap metal prices.

4. Use Public Transportation

Have you ever driven around town at 9:00 AM? Take a look at all the cars lined up at every stoplight! Traffic jams are inevitable in many large cities, and in many cases they're unnecessary.

Instead, walk to a nearby bus stop for your commute to work instead of driving there. It's healthier, it saves you money on gas and parking, and you won't be contributing to traffic congestion either!

5. Skip the Straw.

If you tend to eat out at restaurants occasionally, one thing that can really help is skipping the straw when asked by your server if you'd like one. These little items add up quickly in landfills across the world every day - something we all benefit from avoiding as much as possible

6. Open Your Windows

Opening windows during cooler months is an easy way to get fresh air into your house or apartment without using an air conditioner. It's simple, it saves money and energy, and it helps the environment at the same time!

It's not always easy to change your ways and transition into being more earth-friendly. But with a little bit of willpower from you, we can all do our part to make the world better for everyone who will come after us in generations to come. We owe it to them and ourselves to keep this world as healthy as possible for years to come.